IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New IIRC...
the document control features, autopublishing and several of the "groupware" functions require MS server products to make them effective. There was a hint of that in the article.

Lord knows I'll be forced to use this crap before long becasue of the inexplicable connection of our parent company to MS products. An affinity for Jerry Lewis and Bill Gates...it must be in the wine.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Yes, this is very true . .
The digital rights management in particular is completely dependent on the 2003 rights server. An interesting point is that the rights server has to be exposed to the Internet or recipients of protected documents and emails will not be able to read them. Expect this to be a convenient entry point for more worms and exploits.

The colaboration features also depend on Windows 2003 server and some "value add" server applications. I suspect they're building a structure so complex and intertwined it'll develop a reputation for disrupting business due to obscure "this behavior is by design" problems, outright failures and the inability of many organizations to administer it. Costs they will be arising.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     CNN says...new OFFICE a tough sell - (bepatient) - (6)
         That might not be conscious denial - (ben_tilly) - (1)
             I don't think I care what Office can do that SO cannot. - (static)
         Costs up to 40% more . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             Typical, though sneakier than usual - (kmself)
             IIRC... - (bepatient) - (1)
                 Yes, this is very true . . - (Andrew Grygus)

"It grew, as the sum of a lot of separate people's ad-hockery, most of those by people who had no idea what they were doing, and would gladly pound screws with a hammer all year long, for lack of acquaintance with the concept of screwdrivers." - Rick Moen
64 ms