IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Google is a target.
Google will have an IPO to raise cash to fight Microsoft.
Yet, the most threatening is Microsoft, a company with the best battle record of all. Its victims litter tech history and include WordPerfect, Stac, Netscape. The list goes on and on.

Microsoft has already flexed its muscles, last week vaporizing a good portion of LookSmart's revenues.

There is no doubt that Microsoft considers search strategically critical (since July, MSNBots have been scouring the Web). And the company is not afraid to use technology's version of a nuclear weapon -- the operating system. Inevitably, Microsoft will implement sophisticated search technology in the next Windows operating system, "Longhorn."

Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google, who has done an outstanding job building Google into a highly profitable company with a mega brand, is also well aware of Microsoft's power. After all, he was once chief technology officer of Sun Microsystems and CEO of Novell.

True, companies can beat Microsoft and, of anyone, Google has a chance. But doing so will demand cash and that means going public.
Alex

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." -- last words of Pancho Villa (1877-1923)
New Anyone want to phone the DOJ? :-)
It seems Microsoft need reminding (again) that leveraging a monopoly to create another is technically illegal. (And yes, I know this vastly simplifies the situation.)

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

Google is a target. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
         Anyone want to phone the DOJ? :-) - (static)

Same LRPD time, same LRPD channel.
46 ms