IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Additional Info:
I appears that Nero 5.5 can see both drives, and will allow me to burn Audio CDs on the Yamaha (but not on on the Sony -- This may be due to the way I wired them up when I installed them; I remember setting up the Sony to be the reader, and the Yamaha to be the burner, due to its better speed). So maybe the problem is with CLEAN!

I just downloaded the update to CLEAN!3.2, so we'll see if that makes a difference.

Again, any additional feedback, experience or advice is appreciated.
jb4
"There are two ways for you to have lower Prescription-drug costs. One is you could hire Rush Limbaugh's housekeeper ... or you can elect me President."
John Kerry
New If I can help
C:\\WINNT\\ is usually the directory that Windows 2000 gets installed into. This is because Windows 2000 is based on NT technology and they didn't change the default System Root directory.

Nero, IIRC, only supports one CDRW drive at a time. You may have to switch the Recorder drive under the "Recorder" menu or just press Control-R. That was with Nero 5.X, Nero 6.0 may be different. Also Nero has the license to only use the drive type it was shipped with. So I assume it was shipped with the Yamaha, but not the Sony, and the registration code is for the Yamaha only. You may need to purchase a new serial registration code to use both drives. Email them first, maybe they can make you a deal with the new Nero 6.0 upgrade to cover both drives?

If Clean! is like Nero, it depends on the serial number as to which drive it supports. You may not have a valid serial number for either drive. In that case it may only support burning to the virtual drive which creates ISO images.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Thanks!
Actually, I have a version of Nero for both drives, but only installed the Yamaha version (which explains that!). I wonder if it is possible to have one installation that works woth <both> machines?

CLEAN! is not shipped with a CD-R(W) drive; it is a standalone program that is supposed to work with anything. Some details [link|http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage_n.asp?Product_ID=1361&Langue_ID=7|here]. (Note that Steinberg got bought by Pinnacle Systems, hence the Pinnacle website.)

So far, I can get this thing to work if I use CLEAN to record and process the music, and Nero to burn the CD. A nuisance, but workable.
jb4
"There are two ways for you to have lower Prescription-drug costs. One is you could hire Rush Limbaugh's housekeeper ... or you can elect me President."
John Kerry
New Check out Nero 6
I upgraded my 5.5 to version 6. Works well and comes with a lot of toys. It should recognize both your drives. They have a rather good database of burner types.
The downside is that you can't coexist with 5.5 until you determine if you like it.
You get a free evaluation for a short period. It's also kinda cheap and not Roxio or whatever those doofs are calling themselves these days.
I have a DVD reader and a CWRW on my box and have no problems at all.
New You are welcome, more info for you.
I think you should contact the Nero people, explain that you have two versions of their software and need to be able to make it work with both drives. Maybe they can give you a new serial number with both drives enabled for 5.5? If not, maybe a discount on a 6.0 Upgrade that will support both drives.

I looked at the Clean Product Info, they do have a support forum and ask a qeuestion page and a knowledge base. Have you tried any of those options? Maybe someone has the same problem as you for Windows 2000 and they already fixed it?

Good luck.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Re CLEAN's web page
I tried to post something on their forum. When I clicked on "register" (which appears to be a requirement to post), Moz crashes. From home, I will not use Insecure Exposer to access any web site. I havent tried posting a wuestion via e-mail yet, that's tonight's task.

I will also contact Nero to see about a unified, no-cost (and that's important) way to combine my licenses.

Thanx again, Norm.
jb4
John Kerry
     How to get my CD-RWs to look like CD-RWs! - (jb4) - (6)
         Additional Info: - (jb4) - (5)
             If I can help - (orion) - (4)
                 Thanks! - (jb4) - (3)
                     Check out Nero 6 - (hnick)
                     You are welcome, more info for you. - (orion) - (1)
                         Re CLEAN's web page - (jb4)

“How do you tell when you’re out of invisible ink?”

- Steven Wright
51 ms