IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Only a regular season game - Don't tell them that!
I flew a friend from work to Pittsburgh and we went to that game. Attendance was around 13,000. Lemieux looked awful - made some very bad giveaways and wasn't a factor. It was sad. About 1/3 the crowd had Wings sweaters. As we were leaving the arena after the game, we made the obligatory stop at the Men's room. The chatter in there was unbelievable. Then all the way down the street people were screaming, "We beat the Red Wings! We beat the Red Wings!" You'd have thought they'd won the Cup.

Wings are #2 in my book, but after spending the better part of Saturday in and around the Pittsburgh area I was glad the Pen's fans had something to cheer about. Man, that area has been hit very hard.

OT: Oh yeah, I have some great news! I got a couple of side jobs and for now, at least, it looks as though I'll be able to keep the plane until at least next year.
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New Re: Only a regular season game - Don't tell them that!
I flew a friend from work to Pittsburgh and we went to that game. Attendance was around 13,000. Lemieux looked awful - made some very bad giveaways and wasn't a factor. It was sad. About 1/3 the crowd had Wings sweaters. As we were leaving the arena after the game, we made the obligatory stop at the Men's room. The chatter in there was unbelievable. Then all the way down the street people were screaming, "We beat the Red Wings! We beat the Red Wings!" You'd have thought they'd won the Cup.

Exactly, Pittsburgh SO needed this boost and the Penguin Fans in particular, because they have had such a struggle getting this team back in shape and up to NHL competition over the last couple years.

I only get to hear the games on internet most of the time, but the crowd was really excited... and it was awesome to hear!

I'm glad you get to keep your plane!

Nightowl >8#

"I learned to be the door, instead of the mat!" "illegitimi nil carborundum"

Comment by Nightowl
     UNBELIEVABLE! - (Nightowl) - (14)
         Re: UNBELIEVABLE-- WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - (Nightowl) - (12)
             Dude, relax... - (lister) - (11)
                 Re: Dude, relax... - (Nightowl) - (3)
                     Re: Dude, relax... - (lister) - (1)
                         Re: Dude, relax... - (Nightowl)
                     Dude, if you lived in Cali you'd know it's gender-neutral ;) -NT - (FuManChu)
                 We lost MacInnis for the year :( - (deSitter) - (4)
                     Re: We lost MacInnis for the year :( - (Nightowl)
                     Can't suck as bad as Hatcher - (lister) - (2)
                         Re: Can't suck as bad as Hatcher - (Nightowl)
                         Re: Can't suck as bad as Hatcher - (deSitter)
                 Re: Only a regular season game - Don't tell them that! - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     Re: Only a regular season game - Don't tell them that! - (Nightowl)
         Re: UNBELIEVABLE-- WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - (Nightowl)

It’s an insidious time-gobbler.
69 ms