IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Only other people's... :)
I find it very natural, understandable, and quick to write them; reading one created by someone else is another story; it takes a certain amount or style of documentation to make it easier.

This probably has something to do with my dislike of LISP. ;-)

Been following the world-record-for-crossposting thread on comp.lang.python + comp.lang.lisp? "Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme" and now "Why don't people like lisp?" Entertaining stuff.
"There's a set of rules that anything that was in the world when you were born is normal and natural. Anything invented between when you were 15 and 35 is new and revolutionary and exciting, and you'll probably get a career in it. Anything invented after you're 35 is against the natural order of things."

Douglas Adams
New No, I should go look that one up.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     Combinatron - (tablizer) - (39)
         Python example (using generators) - (admin) - (3)
             Nice language - reads as easy as pseudocode - (deSitter) - (2)
                 Post the code. -NT - (admin) - (1)
                     The idiom - (deSitter)
         OK, so the generators were nifty, but not needed :-) - (admin) - (34)
             Probably more efficient: - (admin) - (33)
                 And the readable version :P - (FuManChu) - (32)
                     Ick. Globals. - (admin) - (31)
                         Granted. - (FuManChu) - (30)
                             Like this? - (admin) - (29)
                                 This is probably worth decomposing, too - (admin)
                                 Now you've EARNED my nasty Perl tricks... - (ben_tilly) - (25)
                                     Yabut... - (admin) - (20)
                                         Re: Yabut... - (deSitter) - (1)
                                             Appearances *are* complexity - (FuManChu)
                                         They can? - (ben_tilly) - (17)
                                             Ruby? (Perl was impressive, knock me out dude) -NT - (deSitter) - (15)
                                                 Sorry, I am rusty enough not to attempt it - (ben_tilly)
                                                 Two Ruby Versions - (JimWeirich) - (13)
                                                     Recursive + stack space... - (admin) - (10)
                                                         Re: Recursive + stack space... - (JimWeirich) - (7)
                                                             Ah, ok. - (admin) - (6)
                                                                 Proof by induction - (deSitter) - (5)
                                                                     ... - (admin) - (4)
                                                                         (sheepish grimace) - (deSitter)
                                                                         Recursion and Lisp - (JimWeirich) - (2)
                                                                             You still misunderstand me. - (admin) - (1)
                                                                                 Re: You still misunderstand me. - (deSitter)
                                                         Only other people's... :) - (FuManChu) - (1)
                                                             No, I should go look that one up. -NT - (admin)
                                                     Let me golf the one-liner a little... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                         Ooo ... Good call on split - (JimWeirich)
                                             Wrong interpretation. - (admin)
                                     Please deconstruct it for me - (broomberg) - (3)
                                         Deconstructed - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                             Ahh - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                 Ditto, but I remember the stupid trick for golf -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                 Mein Gott. - (FuManChu) - (1)
                                     Yep. It's a great language. -NT - (admin)

Do you, in fact, have any cheese here at all?
244 ms