IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Mats wasn't skating at the Joe.
During the pre-season game I took my kids to. It was a great game as I posted earlier. You're beginning to sound like Barry on ESPN. The year they went to the Conference Finals w/Cujo I remember Barry saying "The Leafs are not a play-off team" at the beginning of the season. During the playoffs he was on an online chat. I must have typed, "Hey Barry, I thought the Leafs weren't a playoff team. What say you now?" about 100 times. Never got a response.

They'll bang through. Eddie looks very good in goal. You and I both know we really need another Kaberle or two, but I'd still say we can make it to the dance with the ones that brung us. ;-)
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New Re: Mats wasn't skating at the Joe.
They'll bang through. Eddie looks very good in goal. You and I both know we really need another Kaberle or two, but I'd still say we can make it to the dance with the ones that brung us. ;-)

Eddie? Do you mean Eddie Belfour? Is he on the Leafs now? He's an AWESOME goalie! I watched him play for the Blackhawks a long time.

Nightowl >8#

"I learned to be the door, instead of the mat!" "illegitimi nil carborundum"

Comment by Nightowl
New Eddie The Eagle
Yep. The Leafs signed him and letting Joseph walk to Detroit last year.

There are just certain players I can't stand. He's one of them. Chelios, Marchment and Claude Lemieux are some others.
lister
New Re: Eddie The Eagle
Yep. The Leafs signed him and letting Joseph walk to Detroit last year.

There are just certain players I can't stand. He's one of them. Chelios, Marchment and Claude Lemieux are some others.

I relate, there are people I know who can't stand those players also. Eddie was good though, or at least used to be. But I understand there are people who can't stand him.

Nightowl >8#
"I learned to be the door, instead of the mat!" "illegitimi nil carborundum"

Comment by Nightowl
New Hey now, careful with the slurs!
Geez, Barry Melrose, ouch, that hurts...

We need more than a Kaberle on defence. We need another solid defensive defenceman and a stud defenceman like Rob Blake. With regards to Kaberle we need him to play like he used to and to start SHOOTING THE PUCK MORE!!

I'm torn on Belfour. I've always hated him. I don't like his style, his demeanour or his wandering habits. He's also yet another year older. With a suspect defence I have a hard time believing he'll hold up over the season. The future may be good if Telquist pans out but that's still a mighty big if.

I really hate the thought of playing a defensive system to try to be more successful. I want an 80% return to the old run 'n gun hockey of the '80s Oilers. It was great to have the Leafs win back during the early '90s but most of those games under Burns were painful to sit through.

I do think the Buds will get into the playoffs but what shape will they be in by then? Tired and hurt. This would be an awesome team to watch if the older guys were in the prime of their careers again.
lister
New zat Mikael Tellquist you're on about? Relax; he WILL pan out
New Yep that's him...
...and it remains to be seen if he'll pan out. Much like defencemen goalies usually take longer to develop. Plus he's been having some fun adjusting to the North American game. It's good he's going to get work in the NHL while Trevor Kidd heals up. I do hope he does pan out. The Leafs haven't exactly developed very many goalies over the past 20 years. Felix Potvin was the last and while he's had his moments, he's no Roy, Brodeur, Joseph or *grumble*Hasek*grumble*.
lister
     Another hockey season has started... - (lister) - (20)
         Re: Another hockey season has started... - (Nightowl) - (2)
             Oh geez, pick two teams that aren't going anywhere... - (lister) - (1)
                 Re: Oh geez, pick two teams that aren't going anywhere... - (Nightowl)
         Mats wasn't skating at the Joe. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
             Re: Mats wasn't skating at the Joe. - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 Eddie The Eagle - (lister) - (1)
                     Re: Eddie The Eagle - (Nightowl)
             Hey now, careful with the slurs! - (lister) - (2)
                 zat Mikael Tellquist you're on about? Relax; he WILL pan out -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Yep that's him... - (lister)
         What's this BS with the unis? Dark at home? Huh??? -NT - (deSitter) - (8)
             Just to be a pain in the ass methinks - (lister) - (7)
                 Sports is like Chopin - (deSitter) - (6)
                     Re: Sports is like Chopin - (lister) - (5)
                         Hmm, musta changed in the 50s - (deSitter) - (4)
                             nope - search sez 70-71 season - (deSitter) - (3)
                                 As I said... - (lister) - (2)
                                     I missed almost all of Gretzky - (deSitter)
                                     Re: As I said... - (Nightowl)
         ICLRPD (new thread) - (Another Scott)

Chinese Bookmarks of DOOM!
115 ms