IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Gamecube does well after price cuts
[link|http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=ret&aid=2376|Game Industry]
Nintendo has shot to the top of the class in America, with the GameCube outselling the PS2 by 20 per cent to become the best selling home console in the USA last week following a price reduction in late September.

It will be interesting to see if this gets MS to cut XBox prices before Christmas. This Christmas is important for Gamecube because it's in danger of being relegated to also-ran status. For MS it isn't as important, they know they have no chance of catching PS2 with the current generation. But they will want to keep Nintendo from reclaiming the second slot.

Jay
New Pretty much already an also-ran here in .au
Not according to any figures, just according to the ever-decreasing shop space dedicated to the GameCube and its games. It sits there huddling in the deparment store equivalent of Siberia, being chilled by the ghosts of the Dreamcasts, Amiga 600s, and Coleco Adams that occupied the same shelf in ages passed.

Ealier this year it was reduced to AU$149 - that's when I bought one. And it's great - Zelda rocks my little world! But what would I know - I liked my Amigas, my C128, my TI 99/4a... and I still use the Dreamcast from time to time.

The GameCube price has since gone back to around AU$299 - 329 or thereabouts, and so again into obscurity it fades...
John. Busy lad.
     Gamecube does well after price cuts - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
         Pretty much already an also-ran here in .au - (Meerkat)

The Trouble With Lerpadisms.
33 ms