IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Must be the people you know
or that have your address in their address book. I'm not getting any of the worms on my Yahoo or ISP email. Save maybe a few exceptions last week, but nothing this week.

It will end when everyone stops using Windows.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Yeah, I've only gotten a couple of those . . .
. . but I'm still getting a scattering of Sobig.F from people who don't know how to set the date on their computers. On the peak day of Sobig.F I got over 700, and it was still running at least 50 on the day it expired.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New It may not be the users
I just came back from a friend who had lost his Internet connection. Turns out something trashed his DNS settings to an invalid IP address. Plus his clock was rolled back to Oct 7, 2000 for some reason. I updated his Anti-Virus and installed The Cleaner, found about 20 different viruses while 9% done (he is still running the scan), suspect that one of them rolled back the clock to keep other viruses that kill themselves after a certain date to keep going. I've seen this date change on other infected systems.

He ran Kazaa and Bullgard, which let at least 20 viruses slip through, maybe more as it is still scanning. His ISP told him that they have a Firewall and AntiVirus on their end to detect Viruses so his AntiVirus program was no longer needed. Bunch of crap, I had him reinstall his AntiVirus and update it. I strongly suggested to him to copy all data files to CDR, reformat the drive, and first thing is to install the AntiVirus and scan the data files before putting them back on the hard drive. He also promised me that he wouldn't run Kazaa again, that it was a virus and trojan breeding ground.

Ok I think I found one source of the virus email that got emailed to me two weeks ago, his Internet was down for a week before he called me to fix it.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Could be..
..I have a lot of non-tech email contacts.

-drl
     When will it abate? - (deSitter) - (6)
         Must be the people you know - (orion) - (3)
             Yeah, I've only gotten a couple of those . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 It may not be the users - (orion)
             Could be.. - (deSitter)
         I personally use: - (folkert)
         Hmmm. I wonder if I should check the accounts I never use... - (FuManChu)

Didn't they bury this game in Mexico or something?
84 ms