Thanks, that helped some Chris.

John explained that the reason my Critter database works as one huge table is because all the information depends on the critter name (name not type) directly. So each time I name a critter (which is the primary key), the information in the surrounding columns depends on the name. And there are no repeated column headings.

He explained that if we were say, to add address as a heading, then it would be dependent upon the location we bought the stuffed critter, (i.e. Hallmark, Nagels, etc). and that would be an example of a separate table with repeating information.

Location is already a heading, but not EXACT location, just name of store. But since there are many Hallmarks, for example, he said I could name each one with a number also, Hallmark, Vans 1, and Hallmark Vans 2, and etc.

I'm starting to get the concept... but since I worked with only this one, and it's defined as a flat file database, I hadn't done much else. John said it is an example of a flat file database however, that doesn't need to be changed, which is why it works like it does.

Nightowl >8#