IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Did you give Walgreen's your email?
As I recall it isn't even searchable via the Yahoo search. I recently tried to find you via the Yahoo People search and didn't come up with anything.

Nope, it isn't searchable, but my junk address is on Yahoo. Yahoo doesn't have my real name and address, I don't think, unless you had to give it to them to get a free account, and I don't think you did.

Unless Yahoo sold your info and then Walgreens sold your info to the same Spammers and they matched your name with the email address. How else could they get your email address?

When my junk mail address is spammed, it's usually a case of a single word and them sending mail to every ISP with that word.

John made an interesting observation though, we don't really think it's about Walgreens. Because why would Walgreens sell their info on you to a competitor, it makes so sense. They would lose business.

Nightowl >8#

"I learned to be the door, instead of the mat!" "illegitimi nil carborundum"

Comment by Nightowl
New Why would Walgreens sell info to a competitor?
John has a valid point. Walgreens would lose business if they sold info to competitors who also sell perscription drugs. It just doesn't make sense.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New I would imagine it would be for the money.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
     Is Walgreen's selling customer data? - (deSitter) - (22)
         Have you scanned Web for info on Vicodin? - (a6l6e6x)
         Looks like it. They've been sued for it. - (kmself) - (4)
             Re: Looks like it. They've been sued for it. - (deSitter) - (3)
                 What do you want to do? - (kmself) - (2)
                     Re: What do you want to do? - (deSitter) - (1)
                         War for Privacy... - (kmself)
         Spam? Hell, could'a been four hots and a cot - (kmself)
         Getting a zillion lately but never had an rx -NT - (andread) - (14)
             Re: Getting a zillion lately but never had an rx - (Nightowl) - (13)
                 The only way Walgreens can get your email - (orion) - (12)
                     Re: The only way Walgreens can get your email - (Nightowl)
                     Sure they can - (deSitter) - (6)
                         Did you give Walgreen's your email? - (orion) - (3)
                             Re: Did you give Walgreen's your email? - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                 Why would Walgreens sell info to a competitor? - (orion) - (1)
                                     I would imagine it would be for the money. -NT - (jake123)
                         Well, there's your answer - (jake123) - (1)
                             Yes, Yahoo does use Beacons and tracking cookies - (orion)
                     There are many ways to correlate online information - (kmself) - (3)
                         Re: There are many ways to correlate online information - (Nightowl) - (2)
                             Opera cookie management - (kmself) - (1)
                                 Re: Opera cookie management - (Nightowl)

We're not surrounded, we're in a target-rich environment!
68 ms