IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New One thing I've learned...
...is never trust the guy from the "local store."

Many of my worst pc experiences could have been avoided had I known this from the start.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Get to know your local geek.
Sometimes they actually know what they're talking about.

Case in point: Me. I got my start as a computer store technician. I will admit that at first, I had no idea what I was doing - but I admitted it, learned the ropes, learned how stuff worked, and never claimed to be able to do something I couldn't.

Get to KNOW your technician, THEN decide if he's any good.
In that final hour, when each breath is a struggle to take, and you are looking back over your life's accomplishments, which memories would you treasure? The empires you built, or the joy you spread to others?

Therin lies the true measure of a man.
New On this we agree...
...but chances are he doesn't work at the "local store".

I've met some guys at stores that know what they're doing...but on a sheer percentage basis....odds are slim that your gonna find him/her easily.

Its usually that neighbor kid...or the guy a couple doors over...or that friend of your friend...
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New Interesting point. Since Attitude is All -
What two questions would you ask of the anonymous face before you, representing self as Ept?

Guess I mean (since the topic might be Anything)
What's the least-threatening (or smart-ass sounding) interrogation as might, with informed interpretation - reveal a clue about Cluefulness re. any given \ufffd-topic du jour?

(Extra credit for answering impossibly General questions, of course ;-)

Kindly Inquisitive Ashton at yer desk --
..just lookin fer loopholes, son
..lookin fer loopholes.

(PS - I have a few ideas re mechanics..
like, asking a brake guy his policy on {say]
"automatically turning rotors" -?- on every brake-pad replacement.)
New Evaluation is usally done now...
...by listening to interaction with other customers.

Wouldn't be able to narrow it down to a 2 or 3 questions that would "tag" a person. Many may know a decent amount about a certain aspect...but feel pressure to offer answers on other subjects...even though their answer should be an unqualified "I don't know".

New Ah.. had forgotten that
Now that you mention it.

Guess I do similarly, try to arrange to be 'lookin at stuff' for a time, listen to other exchanges. Hadn't realized that is also a er Tactic! til it's Your turn.

Thanks for reminder; another example of, We Know Not What We Doooo..

I.
     Windows 2000 Inaccessible_Boot_Device error and recovery - (orion) - (9)
         Or RTFM - (jbrabeck) - (7)
             I didn't have access to that - (orion) - (6)
                 One thing I've learned... - (bepatient) - (5)
                     Get to know your local geek. - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                         On this we agree... - (bepatient) - (3)
                             Interesting point. Since Attitude is All - - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 Evaluation is usally done now... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     Ah.. had forgotten that - (Ashton)
         Last time I saw that . . - (Andrew Grygus)

GURU MEDITATION ERROR 00004
92 ms