IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I saw the same thing
I think it was on 60 minutes or some similar pop news show. A Tai Chi master - one of those ancient white bearded types just like in Kung Fu movies - had an American try punch him to demonstrate how he could channel an attackers energy against him.

The American threw the punch at the Tai Chi master. The master put up an open palm and blocked the punch. But what was remarkable was a split second later the American fell back and looked dazed. They asked the American what happened and he said that after his punch was blocked, it felt like the wind got knocked out of his chest and his legs went numb.
Ray
New I've had some personal experiences...
Not quite on that level, but there is something to it.

One exercise we did in Aikido had us close our eyes, and then our partner for the exercise approach us. Whenever they stepped near us, we would lift up our hands.

According to my partner, I lifted my hand every time that they came close, and I witnessed the same for them.

Then, I had the !@$!% scared out of me, when while I had my eyes shut, my sensei walked up to me and tapped me on the forehead. I couldn't feel him coming AT ALL.

Freaky.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New he is matching your life rythms
Very easy to sneak up on someone except for the last 3 feet. That is why taking out a sentry demands a fast jump and faster action.
thanx,
bill
What is a user? You mean userid isnt the same as uid?, gid? whats that? I dont understand "ask the requestor to send a non formal email request for ftp access? whaddya mean dean?
Halp Iam drowning in Bovine Fecal Matter!!!!
Bill
     Question about Tai Chi. - (static) - (15)
         Slo-mo kung fu - (kmself) - (2)
             Hmm. That's what I thought it was. Thanks! -NT - (static)
             variation of poison hand kung foo - (boxley)
         Think ~ yoga. - (Ashton)
         Here's what I've heard - (jb4)
         Tai Chi Chuan - Grand Ultimate Fist... - (Simon_Jester) - (9)
             Sounds interesting - (wharris2) - (8)
                 Tai Chi is extremely low impact... - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                     Re: Tai Chi is extremely low impact... - (Gibbo) - (4)
                         Yeah, but that's extremely top end. - (Simon_Jester)
                         I saw the same thing - (rsf) - (2)
                             I've had some personal experiences... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                 he is matching your life rythms - (boxley)
                 Think extremely slow motion - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     They may have been on to something. Feldenkrais - (Ashton)

No, it's too perilous.
172 ms