IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New We're doomed.
"They have to restrict some freedoms to keep the majority of the people safe," said Blair Palm, a 48-year-old conservative from Stafford, Virginia, who considers herself politically independent. "I hope we'll be able to nip the terrorism threat before things go too far."
"They're probably going too far," said Ruth Soaeis, a 34-year-old housewife and mother from Pawtucket, Rhode Island, who describes herself as a political independent. "But they're trying to protect us."

[link|http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/09/11/terror.laws.poll.ap/index.html|http://www.cnn.com/2...oll.ap/index.html]

If people that think like this continue to be allowed to vote, we've had it.
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New Franklin

Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither security nor liberty.

[link|http://www.fen.net/quotes/freedom.shtml|Benjamin Franklin]

I'm just glad it's the Republicans playing on the people's fears and not the Democrats.
New Heh.
When I first saw your post I thought there was something wrong with my (work) email sig. Took me several clicks to figure out I wasn't using that as my sig here - I thought initially you were pointing out that I had misquoted Franklin.
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New I have spoken to several reglar folks
who for some reason thought I was a dem because I disliked Ashcroft et al. Their question was "dont we need to stop terrorists?" I reminded them (they were of an age) that dillenger, bonney and clyde and the purple gang were never caught by stringent laws but by informers, the only thing that has chamged is the governments ability to stifle dissent. they are still trustfull of the commie fucks.
thanx,
bill
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     We're doomed. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
         Franklin - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
             Heh. - (mmoffitt)
         I have spoken to several reglar folks - (boxley)

Gerbils! Gerbils and Peruvian Flake!
37 ms