IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New OfficeXP & Office 2002 -- Same ???

Does anyone know if OfficeXP is the 2002 variant or is there a diff prod called 2002.

MS website says that Office 2002 eXcel supports XML saving & loading. I was wondering if that meant OfficeXP.

Cheers

Doug Marker
New Yes
They usually only refer to the individual products by year though (ie: Excel 2002 is part of Office XP). There is some support for XML saving and loading but I have no real experience with it.

There is an Office 2003 coming out in October IIRC. It supposedly has even more XML support, but again I have no experience with it.
--
Chris Altmann
New What he said
The "Office Suite" is sold as Office XP. Every help/about menu of all the apps within Office lists it as Office 2002. A rare disonnect between marketing and design. You would almost think the code was ready to release and then marketing decided to change the name to match the newly released OS. Astonishing.

MS Outlook XP/2002 (now considered a member of the Office suite) has yet a third name, Outlook 10. I don't think any of the other apps are also using the 10 suffix though. Probably a good thing. Mocking them is already too easy.
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New Tks, all - MS website was very confusing on this ...

It Lists
Office Versions ...

XP

Tks

Doug
New Office
A large unexplored planet surrounded by hundreds of DLLs.
-drl
     OfficeXP & Office 2002 -- Same ??? - (dmarker) - (4)
         Yes - (altmann) - (3)
             What he said - (Silverlock) - (1)
                 Tks, all - MS website was very confusing on this ... - (dmarker)
             Office - (deSitter)

I say first, medicinal wine from a teaspoon, then beer from a bottle!
72 ms