IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Acrobat Reader - How to make File->Open default to Details?
Howdy,

Adobe's Acrobat Reader (v 5.01 and v 6) on Windows is driving me nuts. If someone can help save my sanity, or what's left of it, I'd appreciate it.

I have a folder of about 100 .PDFs. I'd like to view them in reverse chronological order - newest first. So when I open the reader, do File -> Open... (or click on the folder icon) and then select the Details view (the drop down list in the last icon on the top right) then click on the Modified column heading twice to sort the files by modified date.

So far, so good.

But it doesn't stick. Every time I open a new file, I have to go through the same procedure again. :-(

Is there any Registry setting or something that controls this behavior? I'd like to set it once and not have to mess with it again. Is there any way to customize this Acrobat specific folder (or is it some general folder control of some sort?) view?

(Yes, an option is to simply do a folder view of the directory and sort that by date and double-click on them, but I'd prefer to do it in the Reader itself.)

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Acrobat Reader - How to make File->Open default
This is application specific I imagine. I've seen other apps with the same maddening behavior.
-drl
     Acrobat Reader - How to make File->Open default to Details? - (Another Scott) - (1)
         Re: Acrobat Reader - How to make File->Open default - (deSitter)

Tracers work both ways.
36 ms