IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New cornfused
it looks like you are banging out a mail message at each step, why not build a file then pipe to mail? and also where is the node/leaf value of exports, is it independent of the path?
thanx,
bill
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New The Maize grows....
Yes, they want an e-mail to go out every time a step is done.

Everything except the files list (which goes to /$BASE/$DAY/$DATE.idx) goes to $INFO (== /$BASE/$DAY/$DATE.info) I then cat this and pipe it to /usr/bin/mail and send with subject to recipients.

The exports are "/exports/Monday, /exports/Tuesday, /exports/Wednesday, /exports/Thursday, /exports/Friday, /exports/Saturday, /exports/Sunday, /exports/Misc"

Each is a dedicated 200GB setup. I create store and test the .tgz according to the Day of the Week. Right now the backup of 22GB of data (results in ~4.3GB TGZ)... works just fine... and they get to take a tape home every night. Each tape has been verified and tested.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey

[corny, dull-witted saying inserted here]
     I done gots this shell script... for backing up... - (folkert) - (7)
         cornfused - (boxley) - (1)
             The Maize grows.... - (folkert)
         How does it fail? -NT - (Arkadiy) - (4)
             It fails by... - (folkert) - (3)
                 What lines are missed? - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                     I done found the error.... - (folkert) - (1)
                         /me grins "guilty meself" -NT - (boxley)

Compatible with our orbiting brain lasers.
53 ms