IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I subclassed my first Python type today
Added an attribute to the dict class called isDirty so I could keep track of changes.

class StainableDict(types.DictType):\n    isDirty = False\n    \n    def __init__(self, data=None):\n        if data is not None: self.update(data)\n        self.isDirty = False\n    \n    def __setitem__(self, key, value):\n        types.DictType.__setitem__(self, key, value)\n        self.__dict__['isDirty'] = True

Fun. :) I know Python has warts, but I have yet to get hit by them.
"There's a set of rules that anything that was in the world when you were born is normal and natural. Anything invented between when you were 15 and 35 is new and revolutionary and exciting, and you'll probably get a career in it. Anything invented after you're 35 is against the natural order of things."

Douglas Adams
New Damn few warts, all told.
It was worse back in the 1.5.2 days. They've fixed a lot of things since then.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New I think I was lucky to hit Python's Golden Age
That is, 2.2 was my first version. Types and classes are nearly fully merged, we've got list comprehensions, iterators and generators, properties, __new__ and not just __init__--I could go on and on, but 2.2 is the shiznit (if you don't have to worry about backwards compatibility, but even that looks easy to manage).
"There's a set of rules that anything that was in the world when you were born is normal and natural. Anything invented between when you were 15 and 35 is new and revolutionary and exciting, and you'll probably get a career in it. Anything invented after you're 35 is against the natural order of things."

Douglas Adams
New As long as y'all are on the subject of Python
I've got a project that a person's been pestering me about for the last 6 months. Been meaning to get to it one of these days. (Has to do with cement analysis on oil & gas wells). Haven't written a line of code yet, but I've decided to write it in Python. I can do all the domain specific processing, but was wondering how easy (hard) it is to write the screens for the gui. Looking for something MDI.

Any recommendation as far as GUI toolkits?
New Sorry; all mine is web interface so far.
You've looked at: [link|http://www.python.org/topics/tkinter/widgets.html|http://www.python.or...nter/widgets.html] ?

Douglas Adams
New Oh ho ho...
[link|http://www.wxpython.org|wxPython].

It is the shit.

I wrote a telnet-based MUD client in about 4 hours with wxPython once. Damn spiffy.
Regards,

-scott anderson

New 4 admin hours...
..should work out to about a 4 month project for moi. :-)

Bookmarked for the near future.
New Python + wxPython == coding ease
4 hours, never used it before. It's that easy. :-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

I subclassed my first Python type today - (FuManChu) - (7)
         Damn few warts, all told. - (admin) - (1)
             I think I was lucky to hit Python's Golden Age - (FuManChu)
         As long as y'all are on the subject of Python - (ChrisR) - (4)
             Sorry; all mine is web interface so far. - (FuManChu)
             Oh ho ho... - (admin) - (2)
                 4 admin hours... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                     Python + wxPython == coding ease - (admin)

I have a cunning plan...
139 ms