IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm fucking using Mozillia .94
The law.com site detects that I'm not allowing their cookies and refuses entrance.
Who knows how empty the sky is
In the place of a fallen tower.
Who knows how quiet it is in the home
Where a son has not returned.

-- Anna Akhmatova (1889-1966)
New So decline to use the site
You really can't get too annoyed about this; if I came round to your house, and you said "please take your shoes off or you can't come in", and proceeded to physically (but painlessly) remove me from your house when I *didn't* take my shoes off, how offended would I have a right to be?

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Ah, but what if I kept your shoes if you did?
Law.com is going to try to keep its cookie if I allow them to. It's like you coming to my house, yielding up your shoes, but me not giving them back when you leave.

Well, OK maybe the analogy is not that great. But it's close.

New That site sucks so many ways from Sunday it's not funny
I use Junkbuster. For whatever reason, it doesn't bother me though I don't allow its cookies.

One fix for some sites (MSNBC IIRC), is to let the fuckers set a cookie. Then go back, edit it to something else, and change preferences to either let it out, only, or in, only. Reedit from time to time as you wish.

There used to be a bit of a push to share cookies among users. I just publicize the one registration site that I use: The New York Times: cypherpunks6:cypherpunks6.

Otherwise, just ditch the site. If you need content, get someone to send it to you out-of-band.
--
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
New I partly agree, but mostly not.
The Shill For Hire goes:
You really can't get too annoyed about this
Well, yes and no.

Not in the terms you describe it, but...

if I came round to your house, and you said "please take your shoes off or you can't come in", and proceeded to physically (but painlessly) remove me from your house when I *didn't* take my shoes off, how offended would I have a right to be?
...but this is kind'a the other way around, innit?

Look, I'm a Scandahoovian, so I feel weird when I'm at someone's and they *don't* ask me to take my shoes off; when I see that they themselves keep theirs on, and I do likewise to blend in. I tend to think to myself, "Do they *like* to clean their floors twice as often as sensible people who take their shoes off would have to?", and "Don't they ever lie down on the floor? Don't their kids *crawl around* on it? And they walk on it -- with their probably-stepped-in-dogshit *shoes* on?!?" So I -- heh! -- "Know Fucking Everything" about taking my shoes off in other people's homes... (Including the importance of wearing not-*too*-holey socks.)

But your proposed scenario is bass-ackwards, compared to the situation with cookies. Here's the inverse -- and IMeverSoHO, more correct -- parallel: If you told me, "please wear these special radio-tracker-equipped shoes for ever after you've been in my house or you can't come in", I'd say "Fuck you too!" and never go to your place again. Which, yes, is kind of what you said -- BUT, the difference is, if you accosted me with *that* preposterous suggestion, I damn well think I *would* have a right to be offended, at your sheer fucking nerve.
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New trying to follow logic, but I think I agree
and it's weird when I find myself agreeing with CRConrad.

New It is??? That's funny...
...because *I* agree with *you* more often than not.
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
     What the fuck is it with cookie sites anyway? - (wharris2) - (10)
         Re: What the fuck is it with cookie sites anyway? - (pwhysall) - (7)
             I'm fucking using Mozillia .94 - (wharris2) - (6)
                 So decline to use the site - (pwhysall) - (5)
                     Ah, but what if I kept your shoes if you did? - (wharris2) - (1)
                         That site sucks so many ways from Sunday it's not funny - (kmself)
                     I partly agree, but mostly not. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         trying to follow logic, but I think I agree - (wharris2) - (1)
                             It is??? That's funny... - (CRConrad)
         They sucking fu -- eh, fucking suck, that's what. - (CRConrad)
         At least they tell you you need them. - (static)

* tilly wonders what the upper limit on the length of a /topic is.
* tilly suspects that we are about to find out.
55 ms