1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Um, all of those have been done.
--
Chris Altmann
New Examples?
Do you have Examples of them? I'd love to look at them.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Ok, let me rephrase that
There are many document/image/knowledge management systems out there. I wouldn't know which ones are worthy of pointing you to, though after a quick Googling, I'd say targeting small business with straightforward buzzwordless marketing might give you niche many of the examples do not fill.

Outlook, Act, Goldmine etc, allow addition custom fields. Perhaps you could improve upon their implementations. If we're talking about extreme flexibility, this might be of interest: [link|http://www.osafoundation.org/our_product_desc.htm|http://www.osafounda..._product_desc.htm]

That last one sounds like Linux, but better!(tm) with windows drivers and VMWare bundled in. The Windows driver thing might be interesting if possible but does it really need a whole OS built from scratch?

I think what I was trying to say is the core of these ideas is not unique or new and revolutionary, which is what I thought of as the Killer App concept.
--
Chris Altmann
New Linux but better (new thread)
Created as new thread #115088 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=115088|Linux but better]

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New It's called a "database"
All that is missing is native support the way that apps support the hierarchical file systems that OS's come with. And, a text indexing engine as part of it.
             Um, all of those have been done. -NT - (altmann) - (4)
                 Examples? - (orion) - (3)
                     Ok, let me rephrase that - (altmann) - (1)
                         Linux but better (new thread) - (orion)
                     It's called a "database" - (tablizer)
             Re: Killer App Ideas - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 A cross between a TARDIS and ORAC - (orion) - (1)
                     Point = missed. -NT - (pwhysall)
         Something that kills spam but better. - (Another Scott) - (6)
             Re: Something that kills spam but better. - (deSitter)
             Re: Something that kills spam but better. - (gdaustin)
             Yes it should trace the spam back and kill the sender -NT - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 Airbags - (deSitter)
             Maybe "behavior blocking" software like this Reg story. - (Another Scott)
             Re: Something that kills spam but better. - (jb4)
         Re: Next Big Thing? KI (killer idea)? - (kmself) - (1)
             More than that - (orion)

This too shall pass.
68 ms