my profession it IT, and managers feel that we are "a Dime a Dozen" because so many of us are out of work. Downsized, replaced by outsourcing, etc. Not a darn thing we can do about it either.

I'm glad I am out of work and on disability so I don't have to deal with the mess the IT job market is in. I don't get paid much, but at least it is steady pay.

Maybe one day things will turn around for the IT market? Maybe the jobs will come back somehow? We can only hope and pray that they do.

But one thing remains the same, change. IT keeps on changing, the technology keeps on changing, so we have to keep on learning new things. What we knew 5 years ago is outdated now, what we know now will be outdated 5 years from now. Unless the company we work for wants to hand on to the older technology, we have to move on or else.

We have no Union, we have no say in the way Corps decide our fate, many talented people are let go so often it sickens me.

So I guess our jobs are being outsourced to those who consider it an oppertunity to work for peanuts. Even a starving man will see table scraps as a full course meal. Until their country's economy improves so much that they start demanding a higher salary, and then the jobs get outsourced again to another country.