IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Haven't read any
But have finally heard enough about him that I've picked up a couple in the last day or two - I've begun reading The Carpet People (first book) and have The Color of Magic on deck.

The Carpet People has a rather slow start but it is growing on me.

Also found this [link|http://www.ie.lspace.org/books/reading-order-guides/the-discworld-reading-order-guide-colour-v1-1.gif|chart] that maps relationships among his books.

Smalltalk is dangerous. It is a drug. My advice to you would be don't try it; it could ruin your life. Once you take the time to learn it (to REALLY learn it) you will see that there is nothing out there (yet) to touch it. Of course, like all drugs, how dangerous it is depends on your character. It may be that once you've got to this stage you'll find it difficult (if not impossible) to "go back" to other languages and, if you are forced to, you might become an embittered character constantly muttering ascerbic comments under your breath. Who knows, you may even have to quit the software industry altogether because nothing else lives up to your new expectations.
--AndyBower
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:39:08 PM EDT
New Great!
Beats the mere chronology (and appendix which is apparently in most? all of the books).

Kinda nice that his mind isn't Too-orderly, esp. as to "sequences"; I like that in an Idol-candidate. :-\ufffd
     Small Gods [!!] - (Ashton) - (8)
         On the published order. - (static) - (4)
             Good advice - (Ashton) - (3)
                 OK - (Silverlock) - (2)
                     OK - redux - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Well, there is a third choice - (Silverlock)
         Re; Small Gods [!!] (new thread) - (FuManChu)
         Haven't read any - (tuberculosis) - (1)
             Great! - (Ashton)

This is the most insane thing I've seen in six or seven hours.
100 ms