IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No thank you
My understanding is that Odin has the ability to run win32 apps under OS/2. In fact, AFAIK, that's its whole reason for being. If that's incorrect, then please enlighten me.

I have absolutely *no* desire to run win32 apps on OS/2. I will not even chance having anything so prone to security leaks and virii running on OS/2. That's what I have a Windoze partition for. ;-)

I saw a comment from someone on Usenet that said that without Odin there would be no Opera for OS/2. Personally, I prefer to treat that as a sign that there will never be a true Opera for OS/2.

If this is the way things are going to go (tying new OS/2 apps to Odin), then I can clearly see that my transistion to Linux will have to be accelerated. As much as Linux is certainly no OS/2, it's becoming just about the only choice left. I certainly don't have much desire to go over to the dark side. Been there, done that, didn't like it.
New Need to run PE to run win32 apps
so virii and such would fail as the OS/2 program loader would abort on them.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

Opera for OS/2! - (static) - (9)
         Oh well, it ran for a little while. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             OK, so I got curious . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Didja file a bug report? - (static)
         Major disappointment - (n3jja) - (5)
             Be daring. - (static) - (4)
                 No thank you - (n3jja) - (1)
                     Need to run PE to run win32 apps - (SpiceWare)
                 You see the Odin Catch-22 I see... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Re: You see the Odin Catch-22 I see... - (Andrew Grygus)

(to borrow Ashton's excellent phrase)
71 ms