IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Unemployed Programmer goes on road trip to spread truth
[link|http://jobforjohn.com/|http://jobforjohn.com/]

He's unemployed - everybody he knows is unemployed. So he followed a little Bush campagn road trip to tell the other side of the story.

Cool.

Smalltalk is dangerous. It is a drug. My advice to you would be don't try it; it could ruin your life. Once you take the time to learn it (to REALLY learn it) you will see that there is nothing out there (yet) to touch it. Of course, like all drugs, how dangerous it is depends on your character. It may be that once you've got to this stage you'll find it difficult (if not impossible) to "go back" to other languages and, if you are forced to, you might become an embittered character constantly muttering ascerbic comments under your breath. Who knows, you may even have to quit the software industry altogether because nothing else lives up to your new expectations.
--AndyBower
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:34:59 AM EDT
New Nice - sent it around.
I've also marked a spot on My Graph:

\ufffd Point where even so talented and versatile a programmer as Todd B. (a fact which even I can't miss) seriously entertains abandonment of the field: and for reasons neither impulsive nor vague.

The next spot I plan to mark (I ain't no Tufte, but I can admire his hints)

\ufffd Point where a general awareness has dawned that, the products of 'US' Corps (now largely Non-Nationally based, aligned or concerned) - have 'noticed' that no (few) Muricans can afford to buy their products (or any more of their TLAs).

I remain doubtful about the normally 'next' spot on the graph

\ufffd Wherein the vox populi swells-to-Great (that's an organ 'stop') and begins dismantling of the means and personnel of oppression.

Anyway - a decent protrayal of an honourable quest to determine:

just how Far can you get behind the SS-lines -?- before formal repeal of the right to assemble and air grievances.

Ashton

We know how cruel truth often is; we wonder whether delusion is not more consoling.
Poincar\ufffd
New ObAOL: ME TOO
Hmm, I wonder how many unemployed geeks have minivans and live near stops on this tour?
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
     Unemployed Programmer goes on road trip to spread truth - (tuberculosis) - (2)
         Nice - sent it around. - (Ashton)
         ObAOL: ME TOO - (drewk)

He’s negotiating with himself, and he’s losing.
80 ms