IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Glad to see they're treating you fairly
People like myself at Dell were NOT given the chance to go back and claim personal possessions, save personal files, or get access to personal email archives. Once you were walked out the door the rest was shipped to you, and if they missed anything that really was yours, too bad - it ended up in the garbage. I had to throw a lawyer's name around and go over the heads of my ex-manager and the HR person who shafted me to reclaim technical books that the vultures picked out of the garbage can. All my emails, email addresses, bookmark lists, paperwork, etc., were lost forever.

What I learned from this is to never have anything personal at my place of employment that I don't want to lose. Whenever I find a neat URL, I write it down and take it home that day. Large files I email to my Yahoo account ASAP.
Yeah, I'm still a bit bitter, but I learned a lesson that I needed to, although much more painfully then I would have preferred.
BConnors
"Prepare for metamorphosis. Ready, Kafka?"
New Two worlds
It's an excellent policy.

Always maintain a seperate home/personal account. Don't use this for work purposes as you may find you're being asked to provide personal records to some snoop -- not that this is proof, read Jamie Zawinski's [link|http://www.jwz.org/gruntle/rbarip.html|real bad attitude] sometime.

I keep seperate email, generally slave bookmarks from my personal system(s), and routinely sync up other preferences that I've created across various systems, though my personal systems tend to drive. The legal/pragmatic environment has shifted strongly to the view that your work system is your employer's. My interpretation of same is that my employer then gets little if any benefit of my own personal exploration and expansion of systems. It's that nagging little "chilling effect" people keep talking about.

Natch, at the moment, the problem's rather moot ;-)
--
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
New Your experience as contrast
Having read how you were treated helped me appreciate my own situation.

Went to a meeting at the outplacement facility today. Ran into quite a few people I used to work with yesterday. Nice deal - they are providing ofice space, computers, typing pool, free long distance, etc. for up to 6 months of job searching. Two days of training on how to look for a job next week.

I've got a few leads that, a few months back, had projects for me but said they couldn't ask me to give up a steady gig to take them on.
----
"You don't have to be right - just use bolded upper case" - annon.
     iwethey.employed-- - (mhuber) - (24)
         Hang in there, Mike. Best of luck with the next gig. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Sorry to hear it... - (admin)
         Good luck -NT - (drewk)
         let us know what you are looking for and where -NT - (boxley)
         Glad to see they're treating you fairly - (bconnors) - (2)
             Two worlds - (kmself)
             Your experience as contrast - (mhuber)
         Sorry about that, Mike. Good hunting! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Meep! - (Yendor)
         Bloody hell.. - (Ashton) - (2)
             Thanks. - (mhuber) - (1)
                 Trust you'll be dropping in.. - (Ashton)
         I am sorry to hear that - (orion) - (3)
             Couldn't guess what's (almost) out there - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Thanks I am looking - (orion) - (1)
                     They've a PIII-550 now - (Ashton)
         Such a shame. - (static) - (2)
             Random reply. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 WTF? Bad limey, bad -NT - (deSitter)
         Sorry to hear! - (slugbug) - (2)
             Where I am, what I'm looking for - (mhuber) - (1)
                 Hmmmmmmmmm.... - (Yendor)
         Scary Ain't It? - (deSitter)
         Well, that sucks. - (inthane-chan)

That's pretty much epic-scale incomprehension.
51 ms