IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Greetings from my new locale
Columbus, GA to be exact.

Just as hot and humid today as Houston is every day during the summer. Corporate apartment is acceptable. Living on a 56K dialup means that I'll be posting about 90% less than before (do I hearing some clapping and cheering in the background?) Go to HR first thing in the morning to get the corporate mugshot, meet the manager, and who knows what else. Next Monday through Wednesday are all day orientation seminars; at least they'll feed me lunches.

Living without the family sucks big time already. Before I left Wednesday morning, I explained to my son and daughter how things were going to work out, if things followed the plan. Told her how mommy and daddy wished that daddy could remain with them in Houston, but can't. This is the 3rd time I've been separated from them for a job. Said I didn't want to leave them. Daughter replies: "That's okay daddy; we're used to it."

Major bummer.
lincoln
"If you're on your deathbed and you haven't got a story to tell, then you haven't lived. - Asa Baber"
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/resume.htm|VB/SQL resume]
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/tandem_resume.htm|Tandem resume]
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New It could be worse.
I know a major in the 4th ID who's in Iraq now and was in Kuwait before that since August of 2002. He has not seen his daughter, who turned 2 earlier this month, since he left US. The last word is that he will be in Iraq until April of 2004.
Alex

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -- George Bernard Shaw
New That's normal
Unaccompanied tours of duty (Overseas w/o your family) is 2 years. Accompanied or single the tour is 3 years. Combat zones 12 months. However, since Shrub declared "War is over", I don't know if Iraq is still considered a combat zone!
New Been thinking about this
Once upon a time (as in back before the industrial revolution) if parents never left their kids for work it was because the kids were working right alongside them. I honestly can't decide if I'd rather leave my kids for work, so they can have a comfortable life, or have them work the farm with me.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New Re: Greetings from my new locale
Welcome back, Lincoln, and I'm sorry you have to be separated from your family.

I hope that you can all be together again really soon, or at least visit often.

Nightowl >8#
"I learned to be the door, instead of the mat!" "illegitimi nil carborundum" (Don't let the bastards grind you down)

Comment by Nightowl
New No clapping and cheering here....
I look forward to your posts.

(But that line from your daughter...ouch!!)
jb4
The difference between Confidence and Ego is that Confidence has respect, while Ego does not.
Candyce Burns (my wife)
Expand Edited by jb4 Aug. 1, 2003, 11:52:45 AM EDT
New As has been discussed in another forum
I could be classified as a "seagull poster". I go to certain forums, post topics that I want preserved for posterity and that I want comments from this community. I jump in when I can, but that's not too often.

I guess that I've pretty much identified myself by the types of posts that I've made lately: anti-Shrub, anti Big Business, anti senseless wars, and pro people and families. Some forums I've never entered since I don't have the knowledge to participate, and a few I've dipped my toe into the water to aska question or two.

But I appreciate your comment about my posts - always glad to help get somebody involved!
lincoln
"If you're on your deathbed and you haven't got a story to tell, then you haven't lived. - Asa Baber"
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/resume.htm|VB/SQL resume]
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/tandem_resume.htm|Tandem resume]
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New I trust & hoe the job is worth it all & more

Am more than happy with the one I landed.

Easy to dive to, casual dress, company is on a roll (growthwise & sharewise)

Great bunch of professionals to work with.

Hope you have the same.

Cheers

Doug
     Greetings from my new locale - (lincoln) - (7)
         It could be worse. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             That's normal - (jbrabeck)
         Been thinking about this - (drewk)
         Re: Greetings from my new locale - (Nightowl)
         No clapping and cheering here.... - (jb4) - (1)
             As has been discussed in another forum - (lincoln)
         I trust & hoe the job is worth it all & more - (dmarker)

Not sure if that makes your statement true or false...
71 ms