IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Exchange Rates.
Anyone done anything with this? I've got to come up with a way to pull current exchange rates from the Net as a module to an app. Most of the free techniques I've seen involve finding a site that publishes them and then parsing the HTML to get the rates. This is, obviously, not a good solution. Any pointers appreciated. TIA.
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New not quite what you're looking for
but maybe it will help. [link|http://www.xe.com/ucc/cobrand.htm|XE.com] provides a currancy converter which might get you started.
hth.
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Wouldn't an RSS feed be better?

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

New Yep it would.
But I don't know a thing about it. Links?
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

New Google is your friend.
[link|http://www.google.com/search?q=RSS+spec&sourceid=opera&num=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8|RSS Spec]
[link|http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=%22currency+rates%22+RSS&btnG=Google+Search|"currency rates" RSS]

Just a warning: there are reportedly some incompatible versions of RSS. I don't know anywhere near enough of the history but I've read a little from Dave Winer about it. (He was involved in developing or standardising it or something.) It seems to be hard to find a link, sorry.

I haven't used RSS myself.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

New Don't know where you work...
...but the first place you should go would be to the Finance Group. Anyone with a good cash manangement group and a decent system will be getting daily exchange rate feeds that will end up stored in the financial system. I would go for that as opposed to using a net site that may or may not stay in place over time.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New We're a dinky place.
50 employees. And, regrettably, there is no Finance Group.
bcnu,
Mikem

New there has to be one guy...
...maybe the big guy...with a bank contact.

Talk to the bank.

Also, xe.com was mentioned here...they have a subscription email option as well...could be used to update a table of rates.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Exchange Rates. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
         not quite what you're looking for - (cforde)
         Wouldn't an RSS feed be better? -NT - (static) - (2)
             Yep it would. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Google is your friend. - (static)
         Don't know where you work... - (bepatient) - (2)
             We're a dinky place. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 there has to be one guy... - (bepatient)

And if someone can find a cure for it a lot of the other problems will diminish.
105 ms