IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hey.. ya won't have Ashton to kick around anymore.
or was that Nixon? I forget.

I'll concede Tiger - almost exciting! How could a human do that kind of physics flawlessly !?

But you are confused if you think Murican 'round in a circle' stuff is other than a Disneyland dumbed-down ersatz form of motor racing.

True road racing, like the Nurburg Ring, Mille Miglia, other European races on actual roads - are nothing like that boring crap. (Dunno how many of the great Euro courses have survived)

A.
New grudging teeth gritting admission of possibility
The courses you describe (real roads, with real courses and not 2 or 3 miles of circular ... ah.... mechanical self-mastu um I mean mutilation....) may have more promise than the type of race I usually see on my US television.
Who knows how empty the sky is
In the place of a fallen tower.
Who knows how quiet it is in the home
Where a son has not returned.

-- Anna Akhmatova (1889-1966)
New As with anything, rare exceptions
The 1985 Indianapolis 500. Danny Sullivan dueling with Mario Andretti for the last dozen or so laps. Andretti's car clearly outmatched, but blocking Sullivan with a masterful display of driving. Sullivan finally went down onto the apron to pass, spun in front of Andretti at over 180 mph, recovered, and tried the move again on the last (second-to-last?) lap to get the win.

Two hours of dull round-and-round leading up to it, but without a doubt the most exciting finish I've ever seen.
We have to fight the terrorists as if there were no rules and preserve our open society as if there were no terrorists. -- [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/05/opinion/BIO-FRIEDMAN.html|Thomas Friedman]
     Auto racing - (wharris2) - (14)
         Clarification - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Even some of the latter... - (bepatient) - (1)
                 Even better - Isle Of Man TT (cycle) races! - (Ashton)
         heathen, would agree until you said golf! - (boxley) - (8)
             Hey.. it's the only brain exercise a PHB gets - (Ashton) - (7)
                 I'd kick Ashton - (wharris2) - (6)
                     Hey.. ya won't have Ashton to kick around anymore. - (Ashton) - (2)
                         grudging teeth gritting admission of possibility - (wharris2)
                         As with anything, rare exceptions - (drewk)
                     ya never watched a race with me - (boxley) - (2)
                         Ha ha, + I used to do that too - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             LRPDLives! - (Ashton)
         24 Heures Du Mans - (altmann) - (1)
             Closest I got.. - (Ashton)

Whoops, this one's a bit vulgar.
40 ms