IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Kiind of funny things
The OO quikstarter icon on my task bar changes to the MS-DOS icon sometimes instead of the OO one. It still works, but it is confusing.

I get a lockup sometimes when running OO 1.1 RC1, the first time happened when I tried to register the software, it just hung my system. After 15 minutes of doing nothing I had to knock it out of memory. The other times were when I tried to import some Word documents.

I was hoping that it could load PDF files and save them as Word documents, but no such luck, only export to PDF, which is useful at times.

No Counterpart to MS-Access that I can see, so I am stuck with Office 2000 or XP until I can find an easy to use database like Access that takes Access MDB files and works with VBA code. I admit I am spoiled by the ease of use that Access has, and this is a selling point for companies that I worked for, and others that I might work for later on.
New Only seen one bug on Linux
I've only seen one bug in OpenOffice on Linux, and a fairly trivial one at that.

I've got a whole pile of old text documents that have the extension .wpd that OpenOffice can't import unless I change the extension to something else. The problem seems to be that they are not WordPerfect files, and OpenOffice just gives up when it tries to open them rather then giving me the option to import them using a different filter.

Jay
     Breaking free of MS-Office, OpenOffice 1.1 RC1 - (orion) - (4)
         Kiind of funny things - (orion) - (1)
             Only seen one bug on Linux - (JayMehaffey)
         Re: Breaking free of MS-Office, OpenOffice 1.1 RC1 - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Secure beneath the watchful eyes -NT - (deSitter)

Coffee, tea, or me?
55 ms