IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Even some of the latter...
...I find that the F1 broadcasts are becoming more and more boring as well.

And for all of them...there is NOTHING like being there. Going to races, especially road races...is boatloads of fun.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Even better - Isle Of Man TT (cycle) races!
(At least I presume that Douglas folk are smart enough not to have let it become fatally Muricanized. Peter?)

Just visiting the beautiful island - is a worthy trip in itself. Seeing the "closest man-machine interface ever invented" up close and personal, is unparalleled in motor sport, IMO. (Short of doing it, natch)

You are (or were, when last I attended) feet! from the riders, not hundreds, can choose your fav spot (Bray Hill?) and stand close enough to actually *see*. I wouldn't attempt the foolishness of 'comparing' the skill-set of cycle piloting VS F1, except to point out that on a 2-wheeler, occasionally airborne - it's a 3D event.

I've never understood why this isn't televised, and from vantage points inaccessible on ground - on even Murican Tee Vee. (No idea what is seen nowadays on UK telly re the IOM)

As to this thread.. yup, b o r i n g - and agreed - at least golf sometimes shows nice views of the countryside and 1:100 -- an utterly Impossible shot magically tunneled via Quantum mechanics, into that little hole... if you have nothing else to do, waiting.

Ashton
     Auto racing - (wharris2) - (14)
         Clarification - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Even some of the latter... - (bepatient) - (1)
                 Even better - Isle Of Man TT (cycle) races! - (Ashton)
         heathen, would agree until you said golf! - (boxley) - (8)
             Hey.. it's the only brain exercise a PHB gets - (Ashton) - (7)
                 I'd kick Ashton - (wharris2) - (6)
                     Hey.. ya won't have Ashton to kick around anymore. - (Ashton) - (2)
                         grudging teeth gritting admission of possibility - (wharris2)
                         As with anything, rare exceptions - (drewk)
                     ya never watched a race with me - (boxley) - (2)
                         Ha ha, + I used to do that too - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             LRPDLives! - (Ashton)
         24 Heures Du Mans - (altmann) - (1)
             Closest I got.. - (Ashton)

268435456 bytes OK.
111 ms