IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New [additional applause]
Yes, I believe that Republicrat nicely dispenses with The One Party with Two Right Wings (Imho there hasn't been a 'Left' *Wing* for nigh on these many years - nor does 'Liberal' at all coincide with its meaning as expressed in the ancient phrase, a liberal education.

That said - isn't it about the right Millennium to dispense with all the bafflegab attending All these labels? Left/Right Liberal/Conservative, "compassionate" Conservative / "socially" Liberal yada ?

Nobody knows what any of these slogans mean! - because every single person has a highly personalized definition of each blab-word [Thank You, Stuart Chase]. Ditto for Freedom, Liberty [almost Anything Capitalized and a plank in a pseudo-party 'platform'].

Unless and until Language itself is reclaimed, thus actual communication becomes again possible: even and especially re the very fuzzy idea we call politics - I believe that all political discussion / debate in the USA is doomed to remain on the current treadmill of utter banal turgid meaninglessness.

How To Do That:

I dunno.

Ashton,
but I damn-well know Why
New Speaking of Republicrats ...
I came up with a way to describe American plitics: Every restaurant in the country has to pick a single soft drink to serve.

Sure, Coke makes Sprite and Pepsi makes Sierra Mist (or is it the other way around?). And Coke makes Nestea while Pepsi makes Lipton tea (or is it the other way around?). But when you're competing to be the Only One, you put your money behind your top gun. And all the other guys combined don't have the advertising budget of either Coke or Pepsi.

So we all end up arguing over whether Coke or Pepsi is better. And drinking cola.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
     'Culture Wars' / USSC via Jon Carroll - (Ashton) - (9)
         On the other hand... - (cwbrenn) - (6)
             [applause] -NT - (drewk)
             [applause also] - (Simon_Jester)
             Vote Libertarian -NT - (deSitter) - (3)
                 Re: Vote Libertarian - (andread) - (2)
                     You need to read some. - (bepatient) - (1)
                         I read it: they don't support unions - (andread)
         [additional applause] - (Ashton) - (1)
             Speaking of Republicrats ... - (drewk)

Here, have another hor'd'ouevre.
38 ms