IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks: collecting hard #s like yours..
As I try to gently move my local 'project' (non-profit) folk off of W2K Server. But first I have to find a local LUG person capable of duplicating the rather simple functionality they require - and at least continue to serve 3 W-98 laptops (!) until desktop, improved Star Office can morph in at a quite later date. Even I am now appreciating the length of the detailed list of things which *must* work - ever to become Billy-free, with typ. office tasks :(

The chief honcho is ex-management of his own company, but apparently less PHB-ish (re "what he Knows he doesn't know") - than many of the examples described here. He's beginning to get it: what lock-in, the license cops and "owning your own data" might mean.. {sigh}

(At least they aren't running a website! and while IIS is currently 'inactive', I need next to utterly nuke all traces - dunno if an 'inactive task', in Billy's lexicon means: cannot be externally switched back on (?))

What a STUPID STUPID industry, all in all..

Ashton Admin (!!)
New So, you want hard numbers, eh?
Here's an excerpt from the reports:

[link|http://mercury.spaceports.com/~nax/attacks.html|[link|http://mercury.spaceports.com/~nax/attacks.html|http://mercury.spac...attacks.html]]

Let me know when you are done with it, I don't intend to leave the page up forever.

"You don't have to be right - just use bolded upper case" - annon.
New Gracias - saved page.
This project is becoming a good lesson for me re how hard it is to present umm "significant" facts about today's tradeoffs - even to a pretty bright guy. He at least knows a few buzzwords, and is not religiously brainwashed re M$ (or anti).

Now all I have to do, after the ISDN works, etc - is create all .doc for the system (installed choices, that is), from scratch. That or ~whatever will pass, for someone new, to ever make sense of it after a crash :[

(No way in hell you could 'cookbook' something like a W2K Server, I see.) Even the O'Reilly admin book has so much crap about AD! intermixed within every hint: learning Sanskrit would be easier and far more useful overall, at least to me.

Guess I'll be wandering over there to look at logs, for some time. Damn; wouldn't do this for $100/hr. Unless starving and then.. I could - eat less)

A Reluctant 'Admin'
     Gartner group to IIS users: RUN FOR THE HILLS!!! - (Silverlock) - (23)
         Microsoft response: Wait! No, we're, uh, REWRITING it! Yeah! - (admin) - (17)
             Joel Spolskly's response: you fools - (kmself) - (16)
                 Depends on the reason.... - (Simon_Jester) - (13)
                     along the same lines - (cforde) - (12)
                         Refactoring - (kmself) - (11)
                             rock and a hard place - (cforde) - (10)
                                 MS has a good idea - (tablizer) - (9)
                                     Re: MS has a good idea - (wharris2) - (5)
                                         Point me to all the usable non-Sun ports of Java -NT - (tablizer) - (4)
                                             Re: Point me to all the usable non-Sun ports of Java - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                 *chuckle* Ya beat me to it! -NT - (imric)
                                                 More usable than Sun's, faster than Microsoft's. - (admin)
                                             Well, off the top of my head - (imric)
                                     Not a significant consideration . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                         Re: Not a significant consideration . . - (wharris2) - (1)
                                             Yes -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Don't agree with that, either - (tonytib) - (1)
                     Indeed. - (static)
         My wife's tiny little site has been under attack - (mhuber) - (4)
             Welcome to the land of the worms. - (bepatient)
                 So, you want hard numbers, eh? - (mhuber) - (1)
                     Gracias - saved page. - (Ashton)

One shall be the number of Mojo Jojos in the world, and the number of Mojo Jojos in the world shall be one. Two Mojo Jojos is too many, and three is right out!
89 ms