IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Compare...
Jacobs of the Bryce has spoken:
I received a DB2 cert study guide a few weeks ago, but frankly I am a bit overwhelmed ... The book is not much into conceptual explanations, but more of just a detail dump
Yep, the book is a Certification *STUDY* guide. A Study Guide is a book that is there to help you remember those pieces you have already learned.

Jacoby-N-Meyer also sprayed:
If it was into explanations, it would probably be a foot thick.
Yerp, that why the books *I* have on >JUST< Oracle == 4800 Pages from O'Reilly alone(couple I have multiple editions ie. 2nd and 3rd). Not to mention Booklets, handouts and stuff could be another 1200 pages. And I am NOT even a DBA.

For am Example of the Theory and Concepts of REAL Oracle work, go [link|http://oracle.oreilly.com/|HERE]. And PLEASE stop bitching about something you really know NOTHING of. I don't have 25% the talent and knowledge needed to make Oracle Databases zing, I do a good job of prepping a machine *FOR* a Heavy Duty Oracle DB... And *I* don't bitch about not being able to Remmeber things (mainly because *I* can :)

Also, BJ spouted this gem of a saying:
I don't have a photographic memory. I am a conceptual thinker. I index things in my head by concepts or uses, not exact string matches.
Neither do *I* have a photographic memory, but what *I* do have is a way of myself fresh enough to have the info near-online. Also, I don;t index things... I use a tree method for keeping things in my head, much better on resources, of which *I* have plenty and not requiring a full-data-dump and data-re-load to index and compress properly. I learn most things anyway, rather than memorize.

<wink-wink>

[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg] - IT Grand-Master for Anti-President
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!]

THEY ARE WATCHING YOU.
The time has come for you to take the last step.
You must love THEM.
It is not enough to obey THEM.
You must love THEM.

PEACE BEGETS WAR, SLAVERY IS FREEDOM, STRENGTH IN IGNORANCE.
New You have to know enough about databases
to point out to the DBA where they are in error or you will spend your life fixing things that arnt broke.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

As the Poets have mournfully sung.
Death takes the innocent young,
The rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
And those who are very well hung.
W.H. Auden
New re: Compare...
Neither do *I* have a photographic memory, but what *I* do have is a way of myself fresh enough to have the info near-online. Also, I don;t index things... I use a tree method for keeping things in my head, much better on resources, of which *I* have plenty and not requiring a full-data-dump and data-re-load to index and compress properly. I learn most things anyway, rather than memorize.

I am not quite sure what you are saying here. May I ask you to clarify? Thanks.

Note that I am talking about taking the exam. How I lookup or manage info at a regular production desk is more or less a different matter.

[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg] - IT Grand-Master for Anti-President
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!]

THEY ARE WATCHING YOU.
The time has come for you to take the last step.
You must love THEM.
It is not enough to obey THEM.
You must love THEM.

PEACE BEGETS WAR, SLAVERY IS FREEDOM, STRENGTH IN IGNORANCE.
     DB2 Cert Monster - (tablizer) - (20)
         Real Tables, meet Tablizer. Tablizer, meet Real Tables. -NT - (Arkadiy) - (7)
             ROFL -NT - (deSitter) - (6)
                 ha ha, very funny. Laff it up, furball -NT - (tablizer) - (5)
                     Re: ha ha, very funny. Laff it up, furball - (deSitter) - (4)
                         Like I said, IN PRACTICE most sites just use the defaults - (tablizer) - (3)
                             Beg to differ... - (folkert) - (2)
                                 I don't think we are communicating - (tablizer) - (1)
                                     point == missed - (folkert)
         Compare... - (folkert) - (3)
             You have to know enough about databases - (boxley)
             re: Compare... - (tablizer) - (1)
                 It was meant the way you read it. :) -NT - (folkert)
         So, anybody want to buy a slightly used DB2 cert study book? -NT - (tablizer) - (7)
             How much? -NT - (folkert) - (6)
                 $22 + shipping. Got paypal? - (tablizer) - (5)
                     do I hear $18? -NT - (tablizer) - (4)
                         $16 + Shipping - (folkert) - (3)
                             I probably would not know shipping $ ahead of time.Plan B... - (tablizer) - (2)
                                 NO NO NO NO NO NO. I won't short you, Bryce. - (folkert) - (1)
                                     People still use cheques? (new thread) - (Meerkat)

There are some who call me... Tim.
106 ms