IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New On the innards of the impeachment
Schippers book, the democrat who was prosecutor does quite well at who was doing what and why. It was in depth with all the repo players lined up. Good book from the repo end of things.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

As the Poets have mournfully sung.
Death takes the innocent young,
The rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
And those who are very well hung.
W.H. Auden
New Re: On the innards of the impeachment
It's a thought - to read the 'official' Repub 'explanations' - about Treasonable-perjury! and all that. But, y'know - I think I grok both the motivations AND the actions of the group adequately. Is transparent a pretty good word, still?

Now, I'd rather hear the suppressed, spun "other side" - as was never ever given more than a cursory glance during or AFTER the hysteria du jour. Not only vengeance.. "is a dish which should be eaten cold".

Lacking as we do, an Edward R. Murrow to compose a broadcast of say, Harvest Impeachment of Shame - or the Corp sponsors to air it - in Any Event Whatsoever: I'll peruse the Blumenthal book next, I wot.

Thanks anyway,

Ashton
New the politics in schippers book is laid bare on the repo end
good insight on the making of sausage etc. I think Sid is as partisan as Schippers even though they are BOTH democrats. The piece I would want to see is why a Respected Judge Higgenbotham came to the conclusion that a president was a more equal and respected person than a basketball coach and could not be criminally prosecuted equally. Coming from a black man that reasoning was presented but not dug into sufficiently. This also runs rampant in the current administration that the president is more than an American citizen. That was my issue at the time that like the current admin, arrogance trumps reason.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

As the Poets have mournfully sung.
Death takes the innocent young,
The rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
And those who are very well hung.
W.H. Auden
New Reviews of Sid's book
Most everything I've read about this is that historians are praising it and reporters fall into two classes. The ones who were not involved generally like it, the ones who got slammed resort to Ad Homenim attacks without denying any of the charges the book makes.
-----------------------------------------
[link|http://www.talion.com/questionw.html|?W]
Where were you in 72?
New ?W_____ I'm doing it when I can remember to__;-)
Like the Hundredth Monkey.. it's got as good a chance of achieving critical mass as any other *Awaken-type symbol. (Though the Nazis - and Chaplin in his wonderful spoof) are still Numbah 1 for catchy icons.. no?

Or the original! seen on all those guidon-flags at massive assemblies,

Erwachet!
New Google oddity
Tried to search on "Erwachet" with advanced search options set to english only and all my results were still in German. Expound please.
-----------------------------------------
[link|http://www.talion.com/questionw.html|?W]
Where were you in 72?
New My Bad: 'Erwache'
That + nazi gets a potfull. I misremembered another -et word, kinda like whether you make a plural of Kinder with an 'n' at end - superfluous but often done.

If you look in all those films of Marching Morons, every regional flag ('guidon' - usually a "swallow-tail flag") had that word at the bottom. The Nazis built their mythology more soundly than Star Wars. Leni Riefenstahl in one collage.. seems to show a solid 10 minutes of different guidons marching by = where that word, common to all, stuck.

Awaken! indeed. We're still living in that Age of Irony (perhaps such an age is followed by Age of Iron-Revisited, after the radiation dies down)

Ashton
New Went to your "W?" link.
/me likes!

Hope they don't mind too much that I "borrowed" one of their imiages as my avatar here...
jb4
"We continue to live in a world where all our know-how is locked into binary files in an unknown format. If our documents are our corporate memory, Microsoft still has us all condemned to Alzheimer's."
Simon Phipps, SUN Microsystems
Expand Edited by jb4 June 19, 2003, 01:29:26 PM EDT
     Now...this guy supports Kerry... - (Simon_Jester) - (21)
         This is nothing less than Devastating IMhO. - (Ashton)
         Another Kerry take - (Ashton) - (19)
             Re: Another Kerry take - (rcareaga) - (18)
                 For myself if the demo candidate - (boxley) - (5)
                     if the demo candidate - (rcareaga) - (4)
                         not liebermann in any case will vote for bush if - (boxley) - (3)
                             assuming you mean *all* those conditions... - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                 All or gone :-) -NT - (boxley)
                             Yeah, right... - (jb4)
                 Bush is not dumb - (cwbrenn)
                 I Miss Clinton's eclectic intelligence as combined with a - (Ashton) - (10)
                     BBC piece on the C speech and also text. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         I'm confused here - - (Ashton)
                     On the innards of the impeachment - (boxley) - (7)
                         Re: On the innards of the impeachment - (Ashton) - (6)
                             the politics in schippers book is laid bare on the repo end - (boxley)
                             Reviews of Sid's book - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                 ?W_____ I'm doing it when I can remember to__;-) - (Ashton) - (3)
                                     Google oddity - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                         My Bad: 'Erwache' - (Ashton)
                                         Went to your "W?" link. - (jb4)

I think mushrooms are like steroids in this. See how you get bigger and stronger?
67 ms