IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Stupid Windows Tricks
I've know for years you could drag an icon or other draggable item to a taskbar button for a running app and wait a few seconds till that window pops up so you can drop in the window.

What I didn't know is (at least as of w2k) you can also drag an icon to an empty part of the task bar and wait a few seconds. All of your windows will minimize and you can drop the icon wherever you want on the desktop.

--
Chris Altmann
New Actually, that one isn't all that stupid, is it?
New Re: Stupid Windows Tricks
Dragging and dropping was supposed to be good, and in WPS it was - but in Windows, I never know what exactly I'm dragging around and what it will be when I drop it. So I don't do it - and it ends up being a "better DOS", even after all this time. XP is no better, although it has no DOS and I'm sure you can drag and drop a lot of things - it never occurs to me to do it. The icons are pretty, and if you are OK with Explorers and Pads and Classic Views, it will stay out of the way.

KDE is so much like Windows that you don't really use its features, pessimistically assuming that chaos is everywhere. But it sort of works.

-drl
New What I tell the clients . .
. . and what I do myself, is "always drag with the right button", because then it asks before it does something stupid.

Of course, being an OS/2 user, I'm much more accustomed to dragging with the right button anyway.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Stupid Windows Tricks - (altmann) - (3)
         Actually, that one isn't all that stupid, is it? -NT - (CRConrad)
         Re: Stupid Windows Tricks - (deSitter) - (1)
             What I tell the clients . . - (Andrew Grygus)

Do your part to keep the LpH climbing!
58 ms