IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: no troll here, as soon as I get a cd burner I'll have it
boxley wrote:

I ended up with OSX out of spite against the gates tax. Its useful to me and after greg handed me fink I have (to me) the best of both worlds a machine that does what I want relatively painlessly.

Fair enough. I certainly wasn't speaking of you, and should hasten to add that I use it myself, and it's a very nice technical achievement (though I regret what they did to the cleaner aesthetics of its predecessor NeXTStep codebase). I recommend it highly to general computer users, and am very glad it's on the market to recommend.

Also, exactly as before with the m68k -> PPC transition, the Apple engineers did an outstanding job of ensuring backwards compatibility for legacy code.

My problem isn't with Apple Computer and its engineering, nor even with its rather syrup-ey user interface, but rather with the surrounding Church of Steve, who have somehow pulled off the astounding feat of being gratuitously annoying gits for nineteen years in a row.

I'm unclear on what a "CD burner" has to do with it, though. I very much doubt that OS X is licensed for public redistribution.

Rick Moen
rick@linuxmafia.com

If you lived here, you'd be $HOME already.
New When I have a cdburner I will download greg's suggestion
in the post that started this thread. I can understand the annoyance towards the church of steve. Watching Steve at a new product announcement is like watching roger daltrey singing teenage wasteland at the age of 50. Rather a disconnect.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

"I hit him so hard in the head his dog shat a turd in the shape of Jesus" Leonard Pine