IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What I hope this isn't.
I truly hope that this isn't Colon Powell's answer to "save face". This guy, of Mi Lai infame, has been given a free walk from the US Press because of his race. If this report turns out to be true, there will be FAR TOO MANY who exclaim, "Well, see, Colon is really an honorable gentleman, forced to do bad things." Bullshit, imNSho. This, if it turns out to be true, IS THE STRONGEST CONDEMNATION of Uncle Colon imaginable. In short, HE SOLD OUT WHOLE-HEARTEDLY.

A firing squad is in order, imNSho.
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New Uncle Tomism becomes Uncle Colinism?
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

"I hit him so hard in the head his dog shat a turd in the shape of Jesus" Leonard Pine
New Xactly.
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New How was Powell involved in My Lai?
-drl
New He wasn't, but various rants about him have appeared.
E.g. [link|http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/DailyNews/profile_powell.html|ABC News].

He was faulted in some corners for not using his position as custodian of the operational journals of the Americal Division in March 1968 in Vietnam to report the massacre at My Lai, where American troops were accused of killing 500 unarmed Vietnamese civilians in March 1968. The massacre was eventually brought to light.

Powell points out he was not with the division at the time of the massacre and cooperated with the inspector general\ufffds staff investigator, who asked him to produce the journal for the date of the massacre.

There are, of course, various other more cynical interpretations of his actions in Vietnam. Google will bring them to you.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Potential bombshell, transcript of Powell/Straw meeting - (JayMehaffey) - (5)
         What I hope this isn't. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
             Uncle Tomism becomes Uncle Colinism? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Xactly. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             How was Powell involved in My Lai? -NT - (deSitter) - (1)
                 He wasn't, but various rants about him have appeared. - (Another Scott)

I swear, if I had the Holy Hand Grenade that hamster would be a blood pie.
39 ms