IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Rumsfeld: Maybe Iraq DIDN'T have WMD
[link|http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/28/international/worldspecial/28RUMS.html|obfuscation]

Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld suggested publicly for the first time yesterday that Iraq might have destroyed chemical and biological weapons before the war there, a possibility that senior American officers in Iraq have raised in recent weeks.

But the fact that Mr. Rumsfeld even raised the possibility that Iraq might have destroyed unconventional weapons before the war prompts new questions about the intelligence that President Bush and his senior advisers relied on to go to war, and about the credibility of the United States, defense analysts said yesterday.

"They don't have a good explanation, and therefore are trying to come up with as long a list as possible," said Joseph Cirincione, a senior associate at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace in Washington. "But it's impossible to destroy or hide the quantities the administration said they had without our noticing it."

lincoln
"Four score and seven years ago, I had a better sig"
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/resume.htm|VB/SQL resume]
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/tandem_resume.htm|Tandem resume]
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Hey Marlowe, get back from Iraq yet?
How's the weather there? Shoot any ragheads for me?

I've never been so happy to be [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=79945|wrong] before - although it's not a done deal, it's close - and maybe our Resident Idiot in the office will end up with some egg on his face over this bullshit.
They say a city in the desert lies/ The vanity of an ancient king/ But the city lies in broken pieces/ Where the wind howls and the vultures sing/ These are the works of man/ This is the sum of our ambition...
New God! You're optimistic.
and maybe our Resident Idiot in the office will end up with some egg on his face over this bullshit.

Whose going to put it there? Fox News? McNBC? McABC? McCBS? McCNN?

Oh, I know, BBC, CBC, et. al. But then, they've already covered him in yolk.
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New has marlowe left the station?
Imagine a world without marlowe. Imagine, at least, a world with marlowe back on his meds. It's been nine days. Might we hope that he's left the station with his beloved train, tootling at the (US-owned) throttle, speeding across pastures of imperial fantasy into the blue distance? Given another month, I think that discourse in this forum might recover.

cordially,
Eins Volk! Eins Reich! Eins Bush!
The Sudetenland of Low Earth Orbit is ours!
The future is leaving the station, and that future is a hobnailed Nike stamping on a human face--forever.
When the facts speak for themselves, you're hallucinating.
New Re: has marlowe left the station?
It's Washington Post partum depression.
-drl
New How does one (like him) deal with betrayal ?

not well
New Re: How does one (like him) deal with betrayal ?
Oh, by means of vigorous denial, surely.

cordially,
Eins Volk! Eins Reich! Eins Bush!
The Sudetenland of Low Earth Orbit is ours!
The future is leaving the station, and that future is a hobnailed Nike stamping on a human face--forever.
When the facts speak for themselves, you're hallucinating.
New This news is causing a rucus here in Australia. Govt is

under attack. News services are replaying Bush & Howard's televised statements that the war is being undertaken because of proof of WMD and association with terrorists.

Wolfy's remarks re the Bush admin merely choosing WMD as a topic that the simple minded could understand, has also caused a big reaction.

Of course, the reaction occuring won't change a thing. The admin got away with it (in the eyes of the west).

I think the biggest worry has to be Mubarak's prediction of instead of 1 Bin Laden, Bush's action has now created 100.

Doug M
     Rumsfeld: Maybe Iraq DIDN'T have WMD - (lincoln) - (7)
         Hey Marlowe, get back from Iraq yet? - (inthane-chan) - (5)
             God! You're optimistic. - (mmoffitt)
             has marlowe left the station? - (rcareaga) - (3)
                 Re: has marlowe left the station? - (deSitter) - (2)
                     How does one (like him) deal with betrayal ? - (dmarker) - (1)
                         Re: How does one (like him) deal with betrayal ? - (rcareaga)
         This news is causing a rucus here in Australia. Govt is - (dmarker)

Anality R'US.
49 ms