IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not so easy
I run Windows 98, if he cannot get in the password is the "Cancel" button.

I usually leave my computer on to check email in the background, with Seti@Home as the screen saver. Next time it will have a password on it. But he can still hardware reset the machine and use the cancel button to get in.

"If you're going to cheat, cheat fair. If there's anything I hate it's a crooked crook!" -Moe Howard
New Those are other issues...
But he can still hardware reset the machine and use the cancel button to get in.

Any child rebooting a computer without permission definitely needs to be disciplined. Using an open computer is opportunistic (still not condoned), but rebooting should be an absolute forbidden. A little talk behind the woodshed...
[link|mailto:jbrabeck@attbi.com|Joe]
New Also BIOS password is useful.
New I agree
rebooting a computer to get around security should not be allowed and should be disciplined (as in talked to, whatever).

I have this sort of thing to look forward to when my own son grows up a bit. Right now at age 4, he is giving me a hard time already. Apparently it gets worse or more complex as they get older.

"If you're going to cheat, cheat fair. If there's anything I hate it's a crooked crook!" -Moe Howard
New 2nded
Turn it off and add a bios password.

No reboot will get past that.

Even if you leave it running...and they try to reboot to get past the screensaver password...the bios password will keep them out.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Parental Control software - (orion) - (11)
         Simple and cheap - (jbrabeck) - (5)
             Not so easy - (orion) - (4)
                 Those are other issues... - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                     Also BIOS password is useful. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                     I agree - (orion)
                 2nded - (bepatient)
         my computer is next to the kitchen - (boxley)
         Put the computer in the living room. -NT - (pwhysall) - (3)
             No phone jack there for DSL or dial-up - (orion) - (2)
                 Why not turn the damn thing off? -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     I agree with Peter - (jbrabeck)

Menage a dodecahedron?
157 ms