IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Are you serious or just venting?
Next Q: are you looking at zero power or providing your own?

Many fears are born of stupidity and ignorance -
Which you should be feeding with rumour and generalisation.
BOfH, 2002 "Episode" 10
New I don't know
I do know I'm seriously pissed off.

I will definitely need some electricity - sewing machines and computer are essential, microwave and fridge very nice. Lights also essential.

I've brought up the idea of treadle sewing machines a few times. Too much exercise. Not real practical as a full solution - modern machines are just too nice. Still, there are times when it would be interesting - probably 70% of what I do with the machine works just as well on The Tank - a WWII vintage machine that can only do a stright stitch but kicks ass on those. And has kind of a neat user interface feature - no reverse control, just a stitch length control that goes below zero.

Computer, well I guess I could go laptop and charge up at home.

For lights, there are some obvious options but I doubt that the fire marshal will let me do anything involving fire.

Maybe I can do some kind of generator, but it would have to be clean and quiet and not insanely expensive.

I can't afford to get too obviously psycho about this, we are in a definite small town mode here, and the Chamber of Commerce people are being very, very nice so far. That niceness is a critical piece of our business model.

I'll probably just get over it.

----
Whatever
New Depends on your wattage needs
...but I looked at some very nice solar options lately--that industry continues to improve, unlike some other energy technologies. The decision comes down mostly to how much you want to pay up front to enjoy savings later on...

WAY off topic: Speaking of sewing machines, I just received Janet Arnold's [link|http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0896760839|Patterns of Fashion] The Cut and Construction of Clothes for Men and Women C1560-1620 today from Amazon. Need a doublet made anytime soon? :)

Many fears are born of stupidity and ignorance -
Which you should be feeding with rumour and generalisation.
BOfH, 2002 "Episode" 10
     How do I operate off the f'n monopoly grid? - (mhuber) - (6)
         Are you serious or just venting? - (tseliot) - (2)
             I don't know - (mhuber) - (1)
                 Depends on your wattage needs - (tseliot)
         Sounds like CA gas bills a winter ago - for a mobile home - (Ashton) - (1)
             The reconnection deposit - (mhuber)
         Windmill, dude, windmill. -NT - (mmoffitt)

The ice cream truck driver in the neighborhood speaks Nadsat.
64 ms