IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 'Something like the Soviet system'?????
Bullshit. I was IN the Soviet system for a year as a youngster (Class 4 in 1969). The only thing I could properly compare was mathematics. I still have my school book from Kiev. In Class 4 (4th grade) we were doing math I didn't see in the US until I was in the "advanced math" class in grade 7.

Like all RW drivel, this comment betrays the FACT that the author doesn't know WTF he is talking about. It's really counter-productive to be this overtly stupid. As I've always said, if you want to discredit Soviet policy, inventing things only serves to weaken your argument.

Jesus, I thought the John Birch Society had died the death it so richly deserved. It is sad to see it still has its share of "true believers".
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New There's an 'American Opinion' bookstore in Santa Rosa
right on a main artery. I've never seen anyone in it, though I don't look all that often either. I went in once, shortly after arrival around here. Booklets, tracts; can't even remember if? the proprietor was around! Has some sort of perpetual stipend to Show the Colors, maybe.

I guess it's like religion. In certain families, it's just what ya do. Scientology for no-BMW non-technos?

Ashton
     America is soft... up to a point - (marlowe) - (6)
         You worm - YOU aren't even soft - you are gaseous -NT - (deSitter)
         Which is why - (lincoln)
         And then Hard America meets Hard Economics... - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Shhh!__bloodlust knows zippo re 'Econ' or anythin else. -NT - (Ashton)
         'Something like the Soviet system'????? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             There's an 'American Opinion' bookstore in Santa Rosa - (Ashton)

If a doctor ever tells me I only have a week to live I am going to spend it in a meeting.
41 ms