IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 90 *Hours*?!
Fook dat.

Unless you're taking home a six-digit paycheck, it's not worth working those kind of hours.

You've got a family, man! Get a grip on *why* you go to work - so that you can provide for the clan, and have enough left over to do the fun stuff you want to do.

Perhaps you should emigrate to the UK - over here, if we work more than 37.5 hours a week, we put it down as overtime :-)

Seriously though, the UK employee is somewhat more protected than their US counterparts. We have legislation covering maximum weekly hours (with a *very few* exceptions, no-one can be forced to work more than 48 hours a week), legislation covering unfair dismissal (and an established tribunal process), health and safety (you need a weirdass chair to stop your back hurting? You got it) etc etc.

It's the nuclear option, to be sure, and in the current job market and economic climate, risky, but still...

Another alternative would be to get a job in the US working for a UK company and then get transferred to the land of good telly and decent beer. And rain :-)
--
Peter
Shill For Hire
New Yes, I said 90 hours
That is in one pay peroid, or two weeks. About 45 hours a week average. 8 Hour days (1 hour for lunch makes it a 9 hour day) times 5 is 40 hours. They want an extra hour a day, possible more, or 5 hours on Saturday or Sunday. Some of the other people are doing this, and while they have a lower productivity than me, the PHB Managers seem to allow them to keep their jobs.

The UK sounds nice, but I have deep roots in the old USA in the area in which I live. My wife does not want to move, and I have friends and realtives here that I cannot do without.

If I move to the UK, I'd have to research my family tree and find lost relatives from Ireland or Germa y that might be living in the UK and then see if I can make a connection with them. Who knows, I could even be related to you? :)

Picking up the pieces of my broken life.
     Home Work - (deSitter) - (6)
         Work at home - (orion) - (3)
             watch out for flakeballs - (tablizer)
             90 *Hours*?! - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Yes, I said 90 hours - (orion)
         well I have a garage full of broken bicycles - (boxley) - (1)
             Got a bunch of oscilloscopes.. - (Ashton)

Don't touch that channel!
47 ms