IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Prophecy?
Remember last year I told you about the premonition/dream I had about Missouri Gov. Carnahan's plane crash?

It is Monday, September 10, 2001. I have been in a state of great anxiety for weeks. I am on my way to meet a young woman I\ufffdve been seeing. The weather is perfect \ufffd beautiful blue skies, lush green trees, the afternoon sunlight filtering through them kaleidoscopically. The girl I am meeting is the very flower of beauty and grace and intelligence, and I am very happy to be seeing her tonight. I think \ufffd how can anything be wrong with the world on a day like this? Then \ufffd there is going to be a plane crash.

Nonsense, I say to myself, and put the thought out of my mind.

The girl has been going through some hard times. Her twin brother was badly injured in a car accident recently and we exchange stories of disrupted sleeping and eating schedules. In the course of this, I relate to her the following dream \ufffd nightmare - I had the previous night.

I am in a building that is ashen gray everywhere, without light. I run up and down from floor to floor, and everywhere I am greeted by the same sight \ufffd mangled bodies, headless torsos, bodiless heads \ufffd but strangely, no blood, no color of any kind \ufffd only everywhere the same deathly ashen gray, as if everything had been covered by some kind of pallid lunar dust. With one exception \ufffd on the floor a small maroon figure is writhing in pain \ufffd it is partially covered by bandages, or maybe of all horrors, diapers \ufffd it is a baby and I can see from what flesh is exposed that it had been burned from head to toe. I recoil in horror as it reaches out to me and grabs my ankle and I hear its thoughts \ufffd please help me! I wake up in a cold sweat. I could not imagine what such a dream could mean. I prefer not to dwell on it.

We have dinner and a few drinks and chat amiably, then go to visit her brother in the hospital. I am gratified and honored to be with her and her family. The night ends pleasantly. She drops me off near my house and we part, and I think how much I look forward to seeing her again. For once I am at great peace, and fall off to sleep easily that night.

Tuesday morning. I have left the television on and I awake at precisely 7:45 (I instinctively check the clock). On the TV I see an image of the World Trade Center with a gaping hole in one of the towers, with flames and roiling smoke issuing from it.

The rest is silence.

I can't sleep. I'm afraid of what I'll see. Another dream:

I am standing before a still lake of very dark water. All around me is a pale yellow light, coming from everywhere \ufffd and nowhere. Deep down in the water, strange clouds are forming \ufffd they look like mushrooms extending up from the inky depths. Out of each cloud emerges a single fish, breaking the calm surface of the dark lake, leaping up into the yellow light, which glints mysteriously off their silvery sides. I see that nearby are a host of ghostly fishermen \ufffd all alike, without faces, the mere traces of some former living things. All the fish are caught as they emerge from the lake, they do not return. Except for one \ufffd I reach out and grab one of these fish with my right hand. I see that it is not really a fish as such \ufffd more like some strange combination of fish and insect \ufffd some primitive and basic thing with scales and wings and a large, inky black eye that stares back at me without emotion \ufffd some kind of symbol of all life, some overwhelmingly fundamental thing \ufffd it is my own soul. I let it go and it flies off into what I can only call Heaven. The yellow light is God.

I once had a horrifying vision of a nuclear bomb exploding over the Gateway Arch. I saw the emerging fireball, a hundred million-degree plasma, the very force of the Sun, devouring everything out to several miles. Somehow I am immune, and I stand in the middle of a ruined and flattened landscape. Where my fair city stood there is now only a smoking crater. There is a tendency to deny that these terrible weapons exist. Remember this \ufffd no weapon was ever created that was not eventually used. In the coming months, as the political crisis worsens as the result of the terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, the likelihood increases that some set of circumstances, some inexorable chain of events, will release these death-genies \ufffd and once out of their bottles, there is no return. It will be the end of the world as we know it \ufffd or even as we can know it. Every effort, every thought, every prayer, must be bent toward avoiding this end.

The lake in my dream is the world \ufffd and the clouds underneath it are the mushroom clouds materializing over the great cities of Earth, disappearing one by one in a nuclear holocaust. The fish-things are the souls of the millions as civilization \ufffd perhaps even life itself \ufffd vanishes forever. I am as certain of this as I am of the lines on my own hand. But \ufffd this is his message \ufffd it is not too late.

Or is it?
New Prophecy or speculation? (Warning: disturbing images)
I've had apocalyptic dreams in the past... and some have come true, and some have not. The fear of nuclear war is so deeply ingrained in our culture now that we do not even acknowledge it's presence any more - but I remember waking up in the late 1970s and early 1980s, listening to planes going overhead, wondering if those were the bombers that would wipe us out.

I have dreamed of stellar fire crawling across the face of the planet, as the dying gasp of a distant nova brings us finally to peace with each other in the only way we ever could be in this world.

I have watched in my dreams as ebola spread around the globe and people coughed their last as their intestinal linings detached and slid out their rectums.

I have seen the light of the atom as it flashes from a point and expands to fill a whole city, leaving dust behind it.

I have witnessed the last moments of earth as it begins its slow slide down the gullet of a starving black hole.

Ever watch "The End of Evangelion?" When I was a kid, I had dreams like that - where some kind of Revelation happened - and the bodies of people all over the world dissolved, leaving only their souls behind. Instead of angelic light, though, all that was left were the hideous monsters we all hide, and they all tore the few good souls into oblivion, leaving the world Hell.

I've had dreams of planes crashing for years. I've been on a few of those planes in my dreams. Sometimes they crash into buildings, sometimes the ground, sometimes water. Sometimes it happens right before a plane crash, and I have this weird feeling afterwards, but it goes away after a while - generally about the same time I have my next plane crash dream, and realize that it felt the same.

I cannot count the number of ways I have watched the world end in my dreams. But remember, dreams are a reflection of what you see in the world around you. When 9/11 happened, can you say that you had not somewhere inside of yourself expected something like this some day? I know I have been expecting some kind of escalation by SOMEBODY for years now - and I have been telling people that as well.

Do not be surprised by our capacity to be cruel to each other. Imagine the worst you can, and if you can imagine it, somebody else might be thinking about doing it.

Do not be surprised by the Random Number Generator in your head - if everybody, or a good portion of everybody had the same dream, then yes, that would indeed be one Hell of a coincidence. But if it's just you, or a couple people, then more likely than not it is one of those coincidence things that keep happening.

Your dream might be a prophecy. It also might be one of the most advanced analytical engines on this planet taking events as it sees them and speculating as towards future events, and then filtering it through to your consciousness in a way that it might be able to understand the events and take action to end them.

Do not let dreams ruin your life - I have struggled with mine, and I know them now for what they are. Warnings, yes, prophecy, most likely not.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Alternative images.
A friend of mine of esoteric bent, has collected missives of some several groups whose aim is to acquire some (let's just say) "angles on the 'spiritual' scale of humanity" re recent events.

Naturally the referents are uncommon and as always - rather useless for conveying something like a message for casual consumption. (And as we've seen in this forum, religious dogma is often substituted for anything like spiritual questions, let alone er growth in evolving answers?)

All I might be able to say is - I'm surprised at a certain unanimity from diverse quarters, re the significance of the 9/11 events. One quotes a Tibetan source from 1949,
"I seek not to deal in detail with the evil which holds the world in thrall. Enough is already known and a small handful (small in comparison to the many millions) of hierarchical workers in all departments of life are struggling to awaken humanity to the risks they are running, and to the finality of the decision which the next two generations will be forced to make. More will come to the surface as we study present-day happenings from the angle of renunciation and resurrection."
It is rare in my experience that, so many groups are focussed upon the say, 'opportunities for growth' - and even enumerating the form these might take. This emphasized more than, the so obvious temptations towards ignorant precipitous behavior - and all those nukes on two-minute alert, as we speak.

My thought is - that dwelling upon the scenarios our monkey-minds are drawn towards (especially techno- oriented inventive minds), is to counter the combined efforts of many.. to instead concentrate upon the stark lessons lying just beneath the surface.. maybe nearer the surface than at any time since Kristallnacht (?)

Methinks the wake-up call occurred a second time, at Alamogordo NM on July 16, 1945. We have had several dress rehearsals, countless hints and each time - have gone back to sleep, to mindless distractions and purchased 'fun'.

Our country has led in the trivialization of "what humans might do with life?" while also on many occasions - defending life against the diabolical. We perfectly embody the duality - both culpable AND courageous!

But next, we *all* may have to put up or shut up. Each *one* of us can choose next, the courageous over the conditioned response! What more might a one ask of life ?!

Ashton
New A further thought I had...
...after leaving electronic access, such that I could not put it down immediately.

I know we all remember with great sadness the passing of our friend last year. At that time, I quoted from "The Magician Within": ([link|http://pub13.ezboard.com/fiwetheyfrm117.showMessage?topicID=130.topic|here])

"Suicide is related to self-wounding and scarification practices. The suicide's Ego has misunderstood the call of the Self to die to its old ways of being, feeling, and thinking. In the absence of a spiritual sense of how to hear this call, the Ego takes the message literally. Unable to withstand devastating unconscious pressures to end the Ego's present orientation - which the Ego may regard as the only possible way of living - an individual may end his life. The suicide has been unable to find adequate containment in his crazy time, and consequently he cannot bear the terror and wonder of his own extraordinariness."

Many apocalyptic dreams seem to be calling for the death of the current world, and we misperceive this as the end of the world, when what we are really recognizing is that the old way of doing things just doesn't work any more. Unfortunately, unlike in our own minds where we can escape the "crazy time" by changing ourselves, we are trapped in the "crazy time" that this world has become.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New As many ways as it might be put
I think that's as clear as any. And to an extent, "the death of the present world" must be -somehow- seen to be merely, the birth of ..

The trouble always is - the monkey mind begins an immediate +/- 'list', imagining perfect discrimination via logic, of "the Good". And so it goes. We just don't get, Siva saying, Look! I am become Death, the destroyer of Worlds.. as the necessary prelude to all creation.

I kinda like Churchill's observation as the tides were changing somewhat.. for Britain's survival, ..this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end - it is perhaps.. the end of the beginning.

As Bill Oxley has grasped - it's Two Wars now.. the obvious one here and abroad and.. the utterly necessary corollary: a battle next to retain that which has distinguished America, that which is worth fighting to retain - every time someone wants to trade for 'security'.

We have our home-grown Fundamentalists too. Their regurgitated hate and literal tales of archaic concepts of eternal torture: lie, I think - behind the horrific kinds of 'action movie' entertainment - with heaped dead burnt bodies. Entertainment? Nasty stuff for formatory minds.

Believe we'll need to re-appreciate the Founding Mothers' *brilliance* in their realization of the necessary wall between infinite flavors of personal religious 'beliefs' and | State. (IMhO there is much feminine insight about people, in our basic documents - whichever males put the words on paper)

We may assume next - this is 'the beginning' only - and study perhaps the Israeli citizens for cues on how one manages to live fully, while anonymous assassins are (somewhere). Most of the world knows little of our imagined 'security' and so we have been unable to empathize with most of the world. We will learn the survival and perhaps earn the empathy, next. If we do not make that effort, the apocalypse lovers shall wallow in their perverse satisfaction.

Ashton
New always keep a sixpack close to hand and extry cigs
just in case you have time for a last one. If it goes it goes, shrug. If it goes and you are still here, big fscking problem, try to live near ground zero wherever possible.
thanx,
bill
why did god give us a talleywhacker and a trigger finger if he didnt want us to use them?
Randy Wayne White
New San Diego is ground "negative one"
Good enough for ya? ;)

And deSitter, I have to add my voice to those saying coincidence is probably the biggest factor here. I've had a plane-crash premonition myself (that came to pass next morning), but then last night I had a dream that I was being eaten alive by dogs... not sure that one's going to happen any time soon.

Big grains of salt and all that.
That's her, officer! That's the woman that programmed me for evil!
New Me too, bad dreams.
I dreamed last night that the terrorists hit some major cities. St. Louis was one of them. They hit business buildings, they hit the ballparks, they hit hospitals, and more.

I was in a shopping center and all of a sudden half of it fell down because the building next to it got hit by a plane-bomb. It was the building that I worked in that some large bank owned. I was at lunch in the shopping center across the street from it. My cell phone was useless, it kept saying "Network Busy" as I guess that others had tried calling their loved ones to see if they were ok.

Picking up the pieces of my broken life.
     Prophecy? - (deSitter) - (7)
         Prophecy or speculation? (Warning: disturbing images) - (inthane-chan) - (3)
             Alternative images. - (Ashton) - (2)
                 A further thought I had... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                     As many ways as it might be put - (Ashton)
         always keep a sixpack close to hand and extry cigs - (boxley) - (1)
             San Diego is ground "negative one" - (tseliot)
         Me too, bad dreams. - (orion)

Reno: Maybe you’ll win enough for a ticket to Vegas!
87 ms