IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So can you use a wireless access point...
... to extend the range of a wireless router? That seemed to be what you were saying in the other thread, but I wasn't sure if you meant that, or if you meant I'd need to set up another DSL modem at another point in the house, and have *two* wireless networks set up.

How do you get an access point to synch up with a wireless hub? Do you just point your browser at the AP's IP address and it pops up a configuration screen, or something?

"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New Should you need to do this.
..you'll need an access point that can support bridging or you could wire the AP to the router, as most are router/hubs with 4 available ports. I have the AP hardwired to the lan...which is located in the basement. It was fairly easy to run the wire because I have a drop ceiling in the basement.

However, SpiceWare's suggestion of the Linksys with the booster seems like it would cover your house quite handily and quite likely allow you to sell bandwidth to a neighbor.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Any difference between a wireless hub and an access point? - (cwbrenn) - (4)
         Access points connect to an existing LAN. - (bepatient) - (2)
             So can you use a wireless access point... - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                 Should you need to do this. - (bepatient)
         There is, yes. - (static)

Hey, they have color-coded detours here.
34 ms