IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Under Windoze, right?
Can't say I have experienced that particular freeze, but Moz 1.2.1 behaved rather erratic under Win 2000 on my PC at work. Lockups happened during surfing, trying to print, and even when loading local HTML files. Presence/absence of scripting didn't seem to affect the freezes. Rather, it was one of those Uniform Windows Eperience things where applications degrade over time without any particular rhyme or reason.

I had the same version of Moz on several Linux machines and never experienced any flaky bahavior. Upgrading to Moz 1.3 fixed the freezes under Windows (for now...)
New Uh yes.. silly omission here.
I also neglected to add: I had reinstalled from orig. d/l file - had even reloaded prefs.js from my backup CD - thinking it might have been corrupted by some unscheduled save while Moz was running in Quayle-mode.. no dice.

98-SE dejunked by 98-lite; all the usual "save this glass-fragile POS" stuff usually done, incl. defrag via Norton, no gratuitous installs / deinstalls. No latest spyware from Real or the Beast allowed in. No Orifice Satanic-DLLs, LookOut, Power Punt yada yada.

I still don't get it how: a complete reload would also fail, on 1.2.1. The only junk found by Norton in Registry - had to do with a few orphan files for some M$ cockamamie TV-thing never intentionally installed. So if W2K is also vulnerable.. WTF *could* persist from Moz. thru a complete replacement (except for data). And if the data had a bizarre glitch: hows come it didn't bomb 1.3.0 ??

A rhetorical question, of course: It's Doze. Useful to hear that I'm not the only one to be bit by 1.2.1 though. I mean.. I'm a Licensed Driver.

So far - 1.3.0. seems peachy keen - and the threaded option appears to account for rilly Fast loading, like the book says. (Wonder what goes wrong with that.. when it does go wrong)

Ashton
New Your download (post) would look like this?
[image|/forums/images/warning.png|0|This is sarcasm...]

I still don't get it how: a complete reload would also fail, on 1.2.1. The only junk found by Norton in Registry - had to do with a few orphan files for some M$ cockamamie TV-thing never intentionally installed. So if W2K is also vulnerable.. WTF *could* persist from Moz. thru a complete replacement (except for data). And if the data had a bizarre glitch: hows come it didn't bomb 1.3.0 ??

I also neglected to add: I had reinstalled from orig. d/l file - had even reloaded prefs.js from my backup CD - thinking it might have been corrupted by some unscheduled save while Moz was running in Quayle-mode.. no dice.

So far - 1.3.0. seems peachy keen - and the threaded option appears to account for rilly Fast loading, like the book says. (Wonder what goes wrong with that.. when it does go wrong)

98-SE dejunked by 98-lite; all the usual "save this glass-fragile POS" stuff usually done, incl. defrag via Norton, no gratuitous installs / deinstalls. No latest spyware from Real or the Beast allowed in. No Orifice Satanic-DLLs, LookOut, Power Punt yada yada.

A rhetorical question, of course: It's Doze. Useful to hear that I'm not the only one to be bit by 1.2.1 though. I mean.. I'm a Licensed Driver.

[link|mailto:jbrabeck@attbi.com|Joe]
New Gosh.. you mean this has happened before?___Whillikers
     Bad Mozilla == dead Mozilla - (Ashton) - (4)
         Under Windoze, right? - (scoenye) - (3)
             Uh yes.. silly omission here. - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Your download (post) would look like this? - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                     Gosh.. you mean this has happened before?___Whillikers -NT - (Ashton)

Caveat emptor.
77 ms