IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: US: Canada cares too much about liberties.
deSitter asks When I run up the Confederate flag, will you be under it? Or is this all words?

I find myself asking again, isn't one of your ideals here the gracious Old South, where the races lived in harmony--only, one of them did most of the heavy lifting, and didn't get to share your public biffies? We never did straighten out that question--it's difficult for me to see the Artists Formerly Known as the Confederate States of America as exemplars of civil liberty, unless we expand the meaning of the term to include the freedom to own a sufficiently swarthy human being. Can you reconcile?

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Can I reconcile?
Do I have to? I'm fighting for the same thing they fought for - the right to self-determination. "When in the course.." etc.

It's really a beautiful flag:

[image|http://americancivilwar.com/south/conflag/confed3.gif||||]

Those carpetbaggers are not US. Don't forget that. In the country that lives under that flag, everyone is FREE and that's a guarantee.
-drl
New help me out here?
In the country that lives under that flag, everyone is FREE and that's a guarantee.
Everyone? Hardly. Perhaps those who fought for "the right to self-determination" lived free. The last time that flag flew over a soverign nation "their" right to self-determination included their right to buy and sell slaves; their descendants' interpretation of that right has included, in living memory, segegated commercial establishments, schools, drinking fountains and toilets. Yes, you have to do some reconciling if you're to attract others to St. Andrew's cross. What, exactly, am I signing up for if I stand beside you as you raise that handsome flag?

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Slightly OT
stopping at a rest stop on the interstate an American of African parentage was handing out literature and telling people about the new Southern Party. We had a rather long conversation and I realized she was working for ideals, not to be yassa'd into the past. I would think DeSit is along the same lines, unless of course you get him on the subject of HB1's
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Carpe Dieu
New Sorry, a dupe
--

Want to be original? Start with a great template!
Expand Edited by Arkadiy May 5, 2003, 02:25:41 PM EDT
New Everyone is free, and each citizen owns at least two slaves
A. & B. Strugatsky, Monday starts on Saturday.
--

Want to be original? Start with a great template!
New We've.. er__umm__Been there.__Done that.__But.. ... hmmmm
     US: Canada cares too much about liberties. - (Silverlock) - (11)
         That's a wonderful sight to see - (jake123)
         May they (unlike us) have the guts to stay the course .?. -NT - (Ashton)
         Re: US: Canada cares too much about liberties. - (rcareaga) - (8)
             Re: US: Canada cares too much about liberties. - (deSitter) - (7)
                 Re: US: Canada cares too much about liberties. - (rcareaga) - (6)
                     Can I reconcile? - (deSitter) - (5)
                         help me out here? - (rcareaga) - (1)
                             Slightly OT - (boxley)
                         Sorry, a dupe -NT - (Arkadiy)
                         Everyone is free, and each citizen owns at least two slaves - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                             We've.. er__umm__Been there.__Done that.__But.. ... hmmmm -NT - (Ashton)

Go back to making claims about Wookies and Endor.
55 ms